Home

IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

This is a discussion on IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

#1. Don't care about trick plays. Dam no fumblerooski! Like I give a crap. IGN gives a crap, I do not. Then again, they're all excited that Superstar mode is back in Madden, so consider the source.

#2. Don't care that spring practice isn't in there. Just don't. I never played the midnight madness game in Choops, so I wouldn't play the Spring Game either.

#3. I love that the player are 'heavier'. You could see that in the videos. Last year the game played way too fast. They needed to do that.

Can't wait, this gonna be awesome.

Old 06-23-2006, 09:50 AM   #34

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
No one should base any buying decisions after reading anything at IGN. I mean do you really want advice from people who still do 20 yard drop backs with thier QB's ans cheese fest all day?
Good point
Old 06-23-2006, 10:18 AM   #35
Pro

Bruin26's Arena

OVR: 9

I didn't think there was much in that article to make me think badly about the game. The rticle wasn't very well written adn never went into many details. He says at one poin they need to get into the recruiting more to see how it plays out, then he kind of bashes it by saying it is just like an older version from 1998 where you play a season, recruit, play a season, recruit, etc... That doesn't make an sense to me. For one it isn't like the old days when you could only recruit at the end of the season. I always enjoy the in season recruiting, because it is at it should be.

He says it is lacking compared to the Xbox version in features, but never really explains it. No depth to the article at all. While I won't say their hands on features are always that great, they are usually better than more in depth than this one was. He should give examples hwne he makes a statement about how it plays or how it has this feature or lacks this feature.

I can't see how someone would put this as a rental after reading a very shallow article like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 10:24 AM   #36
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Consider the source of info we are getting it from. Next madden 360 wasn't as bad as most think. Yeah it has its problems but you know once they fix them it has potential. Like another poster said wait until you get the game. FEATURES??? Why are ppl so worried on what features it has or how it looks? Most of the ppl on the board want a GREAT playing football game b/c Madden was ok but they should've waited. So far NCAA gameplay wise looks fun and promising. If you don't like the media they are releasing then just wait until its released. Judge the game when its in front of you with a beer nxt to you and your fav teams fight song blasting through the surround sound then let the criticism begin.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #37
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheddabob7502
Consider the source of info we are getting it from. Next madden 360 wasn't as bad as most think. Yeah it has its problems but you know once they fix them it has potential. Like another poster said wait until you get the game. FEATURES??? Why are ppl so worried on what features it has or how it looks? Most of the ppl on the board want a GREAT playing football game b/c Madden was ok but they should've waited. So far NCAA gameplay wise looks fun and promising. If you don't like the media they are releasing then just wait until its released. Judge the game when its in front of you with a beer nxt to you and your fav teams fight song blasting through the surround sound then let the criticism begin.
Yes Madden was as bad as everyone thinks. It was awful. Go to your local EB or Gamestop and see how many used copies they have. Better still, take YOUR copy into Gamestop/EB and enjoy the ONE DOLLAR in credit you will get for it. It was an awful game and if NCAA 07 is anything like it, it's going to be an awful game too. I'll reserve judgement until I play the game myself, but being compared to last year's Madden on the 360 is a huge black mark.
Old 06-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #38
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

Well to each his own then. Good day
Old 06-23-2006, 10:58 AM   #39
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastapadre
I can see why they compare the two, it has a similar feel. But NCAA was much more responsive (didnt feel nearly as heavy) and had a more open feel to it, also played quicker. So while its easy to say the base of it feels like Madden 06, the first thing at E3 we noticed was how improved it was over it. I dont know why they would make that statement.
That was the same thing I was thinking. I played this game more than any other one at E3 and it felt nothing like Madden 06 to me. This game is way more responsive than Madden 06 and that was at 60% complete. So unless they spent the last few months undoing everything they did at E3, I think the game will be fine.

Also, why do we always flip out over what IGN says. I rememeber IGN flat out lied in its Fight Night round 3 review saying that you could stand there and the cpu would not throw a punch. They are well known for sloppy impressions and reviews.
Old 06-23-2006, 11:01 AM   #40
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

IGN is only useful for screens and vids, take anything they write on sports games with a huge grain of salt.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »