Home

IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

This is a discussion on IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2006, 02:00 PM   #49
DickDalewood

OVR:
Re: IGN: Dynasty hands-on (360)

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
"The controls and physics feel much like Madden 06 on the 360, with sprint being mapped to the R-trigger and players, in general, having a bit of a heavier feel"

Cringes.

Anyone who thought the gameplay in Madden 360 was anything even close to good is crazy. Worst Game ever made.
I think IGN just worded this poorly. The controls are probably similar in that they use the same button layout. The phsyics weren't too bad on Madden, but yes, the gameplay wasn't great...

Old 06-23-2006, 02:05 PM   #50
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I think IGN just worded this poorly. The controls are probably similar in that they use the same button layout. The phsyics weren't too bad on Madden, but yes, the gameplay wasn't great...
I really really hate Speed Burst on the Right Trigger. Thank god we can map the controller. Speed Burst on the trigger makes me feel like I am playing NFL blitz or NBA Jam.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:39 PM   #51
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
I really really hate Speed Burst on the Right Trigger. Thank god we can map the controller. Speed Burst on the trigger makes me feel like I am playing NFL blitz or NBA Jam.
I actually like it, but I'm glad they include other options so everyone can customize it to their liking.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 02:46 PM   #52
Rookie

sleepychicken's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm going to have to disagree with people saying the next gen games are the same except for graphics. Anyone who says that didn't spend much time with madden 360... or they're stupid.

The game's controls are similar... but what would be the point of changing them up. The gameplay itself though was way better than current gen maddens. Sure, the game lacked features, was unfinished, and was pretty buggy, but the gameplay was not the same. It has definately been tweaked in the right direction. There's no way I would go back.

Sure, some of you might have really loved the way current gen madden plays, and so, you would dislike the nex gen version. As rushed as that game was, the gameplay deffinately took a step in the right direction IMO. It's almost like they took some good ideas from 2k5 and the madden series and made something new.

I realize some people fear change and others may be pissed b/c the gameplay has changed and they'll have to learn new ways to cheese and find the new money plays, but for a lot of us, I think the gameplay is a great change.

Now with a year of 360 development time, I have no doubt that NCAA and Madden will be far better for me than current gen. If you don't like the new games, play current gen. EA will probably still be making ps2 and xbox versions when NCAA 2010 comes out.
Old 06-23-2006, 02:50 PM   #53
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepychicken
I'm going to have to disagree with people saying the next gen games are the same except for graphics. Anyone who says that didn't spend much time with madden 360... or they're stupid.

The game's controls are similar... but what would be the point of changing them up. The gameplay itself though was way better than current gen maddens. Sure, the game lacked features, was unfinished, and was pretty buggy, but the gameplay was not the same. It has definately been tweaked in the right direction. There's no way I would go back.

Sure, some of you might have really loved the way current gen madden plays, and so, you would dislike the nex gen version. As rushed as that game was, the gameplay deffinately took a step in the right direction IMO. It's almost like they took some good ideas from 2k5 and the madden series and made something new.

I realize some people fear change and others may be pissed b/c the gameplay has changed and they'll have to learn new ways to cheese and find the new money plays, but for a lot of us, I think the gameplay is a great change.

Now with a year of 360 development time, I have no doubt that NCAA and Madden will be far better for me than current gen. If you don't like the new games, play current gen. EA will probably still be making ps2 and xbox versions when NCAA 2010 comes out.
You must be on drugs. Madden 360 was the worst high profile football game ever. Its not about lack of features, or modes. The gameplay sucked. Playing defense felt like ice skates. The run game was horrible. The passing game is way to easy. It was an awful game.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:05 PM   #54
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Or driving a car, with the gas pedal down.
Old 06-23-2006, 03:09 PM   #55

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn35
Do you have the game? Have you played the game? You have seen videos and read stories... How can you make an educated decision on someone else's opinion.

I have heard less hype this year than in years past about this game. In fact, people are geeking for just a portion of info and yet when they get it they cry that the proverbial "sky is falling" because EA has apparently left out some required element of the game.

Shut up and wait for the 18th.. Quit bitchin and complaining about what you do not have yet. I'll take complaints on the 19th.
I won't take your last comment too personal, as I'm sure you are excited about the game and are looking forward to it, and you are tired of people shooting it down.

Earlier this week some videos were shown and I was very happy with what was in them. The overall look of the game was nice. It fueled my excitement for the game. Now, also this week I read some frustrating Madden news and then yesterday I read this article, and it got me very upset. This is a company that has had a solid amount of time to make this game. I'm not calling for perfection. I'm just tired of hearing about EA's games being so shallow. What if all the other publishers were doing this? What if the popular Ubisoft tile GRAW was lacking in depth and proper gameplay features? I'm just frustrated that it is accepted so easily.

Now, as someone else posted, this is coming from IGN, the ones who show vids of their QB dropping back 20 yards to pass, so you can't take this preview to legitimately. So, I agree...we should decide for ourselves. I'm just concerned that NCAA will be similiar to Madden 06.

Believe me, I can't wait until the 18th.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #56
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickdalewood
I actually like it, but I'm glad they include other options so everyone can customize it to their liking.
I'm with you. I actually liked the speed on the trigger, but it great they give you an option to change it around.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »