Home

gameplay form GameTrailers!

This is a discussion on gameplay form GameTrailers! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2006, 03:28 PM   #65
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: gameplay form GameTrailers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaloTorres
excellent point...in the sooners vs longhorns game the guy using the longhorns will roll our and send the hb on a deep route and the corner will run step by step and tip the long bomb away as the safety was ther as well to help out.. the guy tried it 2 times in a row and both the db tipped the ball away..
yeah defensively it looks like the deep ball has been corrected which was alot of peoples major beefs witht he game, looks like this is going to be a great game i think. only about 3 weeks to go!!!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 03:36 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 16

FromRhobic on MM

http://www.zshare.net/video/********2-wmv.html
Old 06-25-2006, 03:50 PM   #67
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
yeah defensively it looks like the deep ball has been corrected which was alot of peoples major beefs witht he game, looks like this is going to be a great game i think. only about 3 weeks to go!!!

Well I'd still hold judment actually. While I do agree that the Texas vs OU vid was some proof, the one thing that did not happen in that video that COULD happen is the player on offense switch to the WR and try to user catch. THe deep ball was not really a problem in 2006 except for the user catch. If the user never switched to the WR, defending the deep ball in 2006 wasn't that bad. It was when the user switched that made it hard as hell.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:16 PM   #68
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Well I'd still hold judment actually. While I do agree that the Texas vs OU vid was some proof, the one thing that did not happen in that video that COULD happen is the player on offense switch to the WR and try to user catch. THe deep ball was not really a problem in 2006 except for the user catch. If the user never switched to the WR, defending the deep ball in 2006 wasn't that bad. It was when the user switched that made it hard as hell.
If the player on offense switches to WR and the player on defense switches to DB, does it become a matter of who gets to the spot first or does some glitchy issue come up where the WR is able to make a "miraculous" catch?
Old 06-25-2006, 04:18 PM   #69
All Star

OVR: 17

looks ok, damn QB can still float back 20 yards and throw accurately.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:22 PM   #70
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by njskillz
If the player on offense switches to WR and the player on defense switches to DB, does it become a matter of who gets to the spot first or does some glitchy issue come up where the WR is able to make a "miraculous" catch?

In 06 it was as if the WR always got it no matter what.
Old 06-25-2006, 04:25 PM   #71
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Damn, that is messed up. Hopefully, they have addressed the issue for the 360 version. I always like to take control of the WR but I won't want to do it if its going to give me an unfair advantage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2006, 04:26 PM   #72
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

Sometimes you might get the pick but too many times Laron Landry would make the perfect play on the ball and the WR no matter who it was from scrub to impact player would make a catch in between two or three defenders even with a favorable matchup or position

In 06 the offense was not punish enough to deter the deep ball as the risk and reward was too far apart

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »