Home

NCAA 360 scoring ticker at bottom going to cause screen burn in?!!

This is a discussion on NCAA 360 scoring ticker at bottom going to cause screen burn in?!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-26-2006, 03:08 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: NCAA 360 scoring ticker at bottom going to cause screen burn in?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
From the vids I've seen, especially the Texas/OU IGN HD 8 minute video, it appears EA has that score ticker at the bottom of the screen even while you're actually playing. Since I just shelled out $2700 for a Samsung 50" DLP TV i'm a bit worried that with my constant NCAA playing (I still play NCAA 06 just FYI) that I may end up with burn in of that stupid score ticker.

Now one thing I do recall though is a year or two ago in movies a month or so before release the score for PS2 version always was on in upper left hand corner of screen but when we actually got the game that thing faded away during the actual play.

Is this something anyone else is worried about or does anyone know if the ticker can be set to go off and/or does it alternate slightly at bottom of the screen to prevent burn-in? This is about the only thing that may keep me from playing NCAA 360 to death and if so that would be a shame..
Actually I did ALOT of research on HDTV's before I got one. I just like you have a 50 inch samsung DLP. One of the main reasons why I got it? DLP's dont burn in. As a matter of fact in the prodcut reviews I read on weather to get DLP, LCD, or Plasma...the main downside for DLP was the possible "rainbow effect" but the experts said its something thats dependent on each individuals eye and like only 1/100 people see it. If you havent seen it yet on your TV your eyes never will. The plus side to DLP was that it has no burn in, unlike plasmas.
Old 06-26-2006, 03:51 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackceasar
Actually I did ALOT of research on HDTV's before I got one. I just like you have a 50 inch samsung DLP. One of the main reasons why I got it? DLP's dont burn in. As a matter of fact in the prodcut reviews I read on weather to get DLP, LCD, or Plasma...the main downside for DLP was the possible "rainbow effect" but the experts said its something thats dependent on each individuals eye and like only 1/100 people see it. If you havent seen it yet on your TV your eyes never will. The plus side to DLP was that it has no burn in, unlike plasmas.
That's cool, I guess I read alot and do recall reading that I should avoid plasma but for me it was just about getting the best tv and I wasn't thinking as much about the burn in issue. I don't have the tv yet as it comes tomorrow but i spent alot of time in the stores looking for the legendary rainbow effect and i never saw any so hopefully come tomorrow when the tv shows up i should be all good to go and now just gotta do the hardest part, waiting for NCAA on 360.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 06-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #35
Pro

OVR: 7

I bought a 30 inch widescreen CRT HD about a month ago. Does that mean if I watch to much ESPN, I am going to get the ticker burned into my screen down the road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2006, 10:28 PM   #36
Rookie

kayto's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsfansiny79
I bought a 30 inch widescreen CRT HD about a month ago. Does that mean if I watch to much ESPN, I am going to get the ticker burned into my screen down the road.

Just be sure not to run your TV in "TORCH MODE"...by that i mean turn the contrast and brightness down, and you'll be much better off then if you don't.
Old 06-26-2006, 10:56 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayto
That was true of LCD's, but DLP's do not now, or have ever, retained images.
Interesting, I was unaware that LCD's did it until I experienced it. Thanks for the knowledge.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:28 PM   #38
MVP

hogfan's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
CRT rear projection models.

You'll be fine with a standard tube.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:09 AM   #39
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfan
CRT rear projection models.

You'll be fine with a standard tube.
Well I am glad I don't have to worry about burn in. So you mean the big 50 inch crt get burn in?
Old 06-27-2006, 12:17 AM   #40
Rookie

kayto's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Well I am glad I don't have to worry about burn in. So you mean the big 50 inch crt get burn in?
Standard tubes burn in also...not sure where you got info that they dont?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »