Home

ESPN license, eh?

This is a discussion on ESPN license, eh? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
Pro

Wilk5280's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: ESPN license, eh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcabone
Someone should forward EA a copy of NFL 2K4,so they can see how to integratethe ESPN liscense into they're football games,so they can take it and expand on it.
Yeah, because I'm sure they've never seen it before.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:53 PM   #10
MVP

Mrcabone's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Stanley
Yeah, because I'm sure they've never seen it before.
Maybe a copy of NFL2K4 can inspire them to integrate a better ESPN presentation into they're football games,nothing has worked so far.

Old 07-02-2006, 05:09 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Personally, I'm glad threre is minimal ESPN presentation in the game. That network has turned into a sports and entertainment fluff operation. We're better off without it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2006, 06:20 PM   #12
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Someone should forward EA a copy of NFL 2K4,so they can see how to integratethe ESPN liscense into they're football games,so they can take it and expand on it.
i don't think that ea cares about espn presentation. like i said in the 42th thread dealing w/ this issue, imo ea will use subtle espn items like espn radio, the mag, and the bottom line while still retaining ea-style presentation. it probably won't get any more detailed than that.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:39 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman
Personally, I'm glad threre is minimal ESPN presentation in the game. That network has turned into a sports and entertainment fluff operation. We're better off without it.
Yeah, screw having highlight shows, recaps, and magazine covers. Why would someone want those when they can get a "simulate week" option?!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Yeah, screw having highlight shows, recaps, and magazine covers. Why would someone want those when they can get a "simulate week" option?!
You missed my point. I actually would like all of that, just not with the ESPN fonts and cutesy babble they are famous for.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:08 PM   #15
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
I'm sure they already have a copy stuffed and hanging on the wall along with their other "kills".

Don't buy the game. It's that simple.

It really is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2006, 08:21 PM   #16
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Maybe a copy of NFL2K4 can inspire them to integrate a better ESPN presentation into they're football games,nothing has worked so far.
2K4 and especially 2K5 did a great job with presentation but NCAA is pretty good. Their replays, camera angles and commentary is very good. Adding halftime shows would be the next big step but I'm very happy with the presentation. Adding the ESPN logos would be nice but not as big of a deal as it is with Madden since the presentation in that game is simply inexecusably awful.

Since Madden has now gone down the road of radio PA announcing for the 360, it may be 10 years before Madden's team actually addresses the horrible, horrible, horrible, horrible presentation in their game (replays, commentary, music, etc.). As long as they keep selling millions of games, there isn't much to motivate them but that's another topic.

Edit: I should add that many people dismiss presentation (commentary, replays, music, pregame, celebrations, etc) as fluff but I think its a very important part of the game and ties in hand in hand with graphics in terms of offering a good visual and audio experience. People will always put gameplay first but how much of your purchase is all about gameplay? 50%? If gameplay was awesome but the player models were NES quality, people wouldn't play it so while gameplay comes first, its not good enough to forget the other stuff.

Last edited by rudyjuly2; 07-02-2006 at 08:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »