Home

1st Game? What level?

This is a discussion on 1st Game? What level? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-04-2006, 11:05 PM   #25
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: 1st Game? What level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's not so much that Heisman is hard, it's just unrealistic because they just amp up the CPU's ratings. If I hit Ted Ginn Jr. on a slant and he's got a much slower DB 3 or 4 yards behind him, Ginn is going to score in real life, but in the game because of Heisman's jacked up ratings Ginn will be dragged down after 10-15 yards. Unrealistic and it ruins the game for me. It's unfortunate EA can't come up with a much more realistic way of going up a level rather than just giving the CPU a big boost on it's player ratings.
Yes, hopefully one day Heisman will be just about improved CPU playcalling strategy and adjustments, and not roided out players. The thing that I hate most about Heisman is that because of the souped up CPU players I find myself using videogame tactics, i.e. gameplay/A.I. flaws/twitch skills instead of just playing the way I nomally would. It stops being fun because its about getting the win however I can, and not about X's and O's and personnel. So I just end up having less of a challenge on AA, but more fun.

One thing that doesn't get that much ink, but I mention it every year, the strength cheat on Heisman is much, much worse than the speed cheat.

NCAA has had this curse for years. AA=CPU too dumb. Heisman=CPU superhuman abilities. Lets cross our fingers for this year.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2006, 06:02 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
It's not so much that Heisman is hard, it's just unrealistic because they just amp up the CPU's ratings. If I hit Ted Ginn Jr. on a slant and he's got a much slower DB 3 or 4 yards behind him, Ginn is going to score in real life, but in the game because of Heisman's jacked up ratings Ginn will be dragged down after 10-15 yards. Unrealistic and it ruins the game for me. It's unfortunate EA can't come up with a much more realistic way of going up a level rather than just giving the CPU a big boost on it's player ratings.
I disagree with you ODogg on the speed cheat for the most part. I ended up playing on Heisman (75 games?) with the sliders jacked up in my favour and had a great time with it but the tweaks were massive. If Ginn caught the ball, I never saw the CPU cheat and catch him from behind. Where I saw the CPU cheat was just before Ginn would catch the ball and that 3 yard cushion disappeared as the CPU DB would do a super catchup and knock the ball down. The super awareness in zone defense was by far the biggest problem for me and destroyed the short passing game. Rollouts and post patterns were my bread and butter on Heisman and a good receiving TE really helped (Leonard Pope caught 75 balls one year for me).

Jfsolo is right in that the strength cheat was the biggest problem. You really had to boost your line and decrease the CPU's. Default was ridiculous but I did enjoy my baby Heisman settings. I've posted them on the board as guilt-free sliders if you wanted to give them a shot ODogg but in less than two weeks, nobody will care about 2006's sliders.

I found with my sliders that I would win about 50 to 60% of the time if the teams were even which is why I took a good team like Georgia and didn't limit myself at all in recruiting, playing, etc. My first year I went 8-4 but I went 12-0 in my second year and won the NC. So many close games and I got so many breaks. I recovered an onside kick for the first time in my life to pull out a win against Tennessee. I won 38-36 against LSU in the SEC Championship getting both a punt return and INT return for TD. I then won the NC 41-38 on a game ending field goal (over Miami I think). Taking a crappy team and building them up on Heisman is a bad idea though since you will get killed unless you are an elite player.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:11 AM   #27
MVP

koebner's Arena

OVR: 13

Gettin' my Varsity jacket ready...
Old 07-05-2006, 06:16 PM   #28
MVP

funky_chicken's Arena

OVR: 37

I will use either Notre Dame of Florida on All American level (although I suck). Pro is not enough of a challenge. I struggle with All American so it is the level for me.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #29
Rookie

FilthyRich's Arena

OVR: 1

it kind of depends. if it plays more like 06 then ill definitely play heisman because that was a good challenge. heisman on 05 was crazy though. i didnt like how the comp reacted to run plays so quick.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #30
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

First game will be on All-American with my beloved LSU Tigers. The move to the top level will likely take 3 games.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:46 PM   #31
Rookie

OleMissRebel10's Arena

OVR: 3

It will be on AA...maybe exhibition maybe on Live...I just see what I feel like when it comes out...I'll wait on the dynasty for the real rosters

I will use Ole Miss the most, some with ND and FSU
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #32
Banned

OVR: 62

All American for me, it is what I have always played on.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »