Home

Late Hits?

This is a discussion on Late Hits? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-07-2006, 09:32 AM   #25
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Late Hits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycbs
If the NCAA truly wanted to present their sport in a positive light, they would tell EA to take out those over the top celebrations. Just like late hits, they are apart of the real game, and just like late hits, overdoing it will get you a 15 yard penalty. If they continue to allow the celebrations in the videogame, they should allow the late hits, too.
Celebrations aren't the same as late hits. Many people like seeing celebrations in real life or at least don't have a huge problem with them. EA is taking out the celebration where you pee on the goal posts after a TD (or at least on your own goal posts).

Nobody condones cheap shots in real life. EA could always remove the injury factor after a cheap shot and put in game ejections for blatant ones which would be fine.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 AM   #26
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

There's also a big difference in late hits IRL and how they happen versus in video games where people dive into players on the way back to the huddle.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:27 AM   #27
Banned

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Nobody condones cheap shots in real life. EA could always remove the injury factor after a cheap shot and put in game ejections for blatant ones which would be fine.
Now that could work. If you were to perform a cheap shot or late hit, the screen would just flash "EJECTION", like what happens when you intercept the ball.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:44 AM   #28
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodster
Now that could work. If you were to perform a cheap shot or late hit, the screen would just flash "EJECTION", like what happens when you intercept the ball.
"USER KICK"
Old 07-07-2006, 03:07 PM   #29
N*rd *l*rt!

jt533's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBoyd21
LOL i remember a few of those times. Most of it was when i laid out someone on the other team and the ambulance would show up for a few seconds, then leave without the person that got hurt. I nearly cried with laughter after it happened the second time.

I remember having the entire team get run over by the ambulance as it attempted to leave the field. Always a good time.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:49 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The Sega Genesis versions allowed players to late hit to their hearts content. I had a buddy who's entire defensive strategy consisted of late-hitting my skill players (especially my qb) until he hurt somebody.

Personally, I'm glad those days are a memory.
Haha, I remember this on Madden 95. It was crazy that you could injure people on late hits.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:57 PM   #31
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I remember getting late hits all the time on a old Madden game. The computer would tackle someone and I would jump on the pile because I was already going for the tackle too and I would get flagged. Frusterating, but pretty cool. I'd like to see it come back.

Atlanta Braves
- Auburn Tigers - Carolina Panthers - Nashville Predators
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-07-2006, 08:35 PM   #32
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by aukevin
I remember getting late hits all the time on a old Madden game. The computer would tackle someone and I would jump on the pile because I was already going for the tackle too and I would get flagged. Frusterating, but pretty cool. I'd like to see it come back.
If anyone remembers the old NHL series, you could smoke somebody after a goal and start a fight. This was especially bad if you were playing with Gretzky. If he scored, you simply drilled him in the boards, started a fight and pummelled him. He would get an extra penalty basically for losing I think.

Often times you would see whoever played with Gretzky doing more deking and dodging after a goal to avoid getting killed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »