Home

Official PSP Impressions thread***

This is a discussion on Official PSP Impressions thread*** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:30 AM   #73
Rookie

OVR: 4
Angry Re: Official PSP Impressions thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyDozen
It's true, the run yardage bug is not restricted to short yardage plays. I had a run that looked like I gained about 5 yards on 1st and 10 and I started the next play with 2nd and 10!

HOWEVER, I think this game is absolutely worthwhile, and I encourage those who have purchased it and haven't opened it yet to keep it - and those that are on the fence to rent it at the very least......problems aside, this game is quality and I recommend it fully......It's quite an accomplishment for a handheld football title.

There is NO excuse for this. Any level of quality testing would have caught this, which means either EA didn't quality test this game or decided to release it anyway. Based on the MVP lefty bug, my guess would be the latter.

You, as a community leader, just lost ALL credibility for yourself and your site towards any opinion you had, or will have, towards any game in the future in my eyes.

The fact that this bug pretty much changes the rules of football and you say, "hey, its no big deal....go buy the game." is the biggest joke I have EVER heard.

People that read this and still buy the game are the reason that EA doesn't have to release a quality product. They know there are sheep out there that will see the EA logo and buy it, no questions asked.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:28 PM   #74
Rookie

Re: Official PSP Impressions thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2384
There is NO excuse for this. Any level of quality testing would have caught this, which means either EA didn't quality test this game or decided to release it anyway. Based on the MVP lefty bug, my guess would be the latter.

You, as a community leader, just lost ALL credibility for yourself and your site towards any opinion you had, or will have, towards any game in the future in my eyes.

The fact that this bug pretty much changes the rules of football and you say, "hey, its no big deal....go buy the game." is the biggest joke I have EVER heard.

People that read this and still buy the game are the reason that EA doesn't have to release a quality product. They know there are sheep out there that will see the EA logo and buy it, no questions asked.
Your anger at the game and his opinion on it are two separate things. No sense drawing a flawed parallel.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:34 PM   #75
Banned

srudoff's Arena

OVR: 7

what happens when you get hit in the backfield and then subsequently score a TD on a run?????
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 01:36 PM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by srudoff
what happens when you get hit in the backfield and then subsequently score a TD on a run?????
You get the touchdown but then have to kick the extra point from wherever you were initially touched.

Just kidding - I've gotten the touchdown every time this happens.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #77
Pro

GoldSox's Arena

OVR: 6

Am I the only one this is NOT happeneing to?
Old 07-20-2006, 04:46 PM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldSox
Am I the only one this is NOT happeneing to?
You know, I've been wondering about this. Like if IGN got a bug-free copy for their review, perhaps there's a chance that some others may have as well?
Old 07-20-2006, 07:32 PM   #79
Rookie

jk5911's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by milbrewcity
You know, I've been wondering about this. Like if IGN got a bug-free copy for their review, perhaps there's a chance that some others may have as well?

IGN lies. You know the guy didn't play the game enough to notice it. Gamestop noticed the problem with their review copy.
Old 07-20-2006, 08:17 PM   #80
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkeim
Does anyone know how to flip a play at the line of scrimmage. I press square and then square like it says in the instruction booklet but I always get some other play. Also the 1st down running play glitch happens almost all the time.
Anyone?

http://carolinasucks.com/images/uncrapsheet.htm

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »