Home

Official PSP Impressions thread***

This is a discussion on Official PSP Impressions thread*** within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Official PSP Impressions thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
Oh what could have been. This game doesn't have a small yardage bug it has a Major problem. This doesn't just occur every so often, it happens on just about every single play. I've had 12-yard gains turn into 2-yard gains. I consistently lose an average of 3-5 yards every play. So does the computer. I don't understand how this was allowed to ship. If not for this major problem this is easily the best portable sports game ever made. What a shame. I really hope they release a fixed version and allow current owners to get a replacement disk.
Scoop I hear ya on the "oh what could have been" opinion. But saying that "it happens on just about every single play" is misleading. When I have played it, the only time I see the bug is when the defender touches me on a running play, and i drag him and get 3-4 extra yards on momentum. It then spots the ball at the point of first contact. That's just what I've experienced.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:18 AM   #58
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by milbrewcity
Scoop I hear ya on the "oh what could have been" opinion. But saying that "it happens on just about every single play" is misleading. When I have played it, the only time I see the bug is when the defender touches me on a running play, and i drag him and get 3-4 extra yards on momentum. It then spots the ball at the point of first contact. That's just what I've experienced.
I don't think it's misleading at all. Maybe 10% of the time the ball carrier is tackled exactly where he is hit the rest of the time there's momentum involved. The really bad thing is the fact that momentum is accounted for when you fall backwards. It's completely messed up. If you get hit and fall backwards you should be awarded the spot you were hit in this game you are awarded the spot you end up at. If you get hit and fall forward you should be awarded the spot the ball is when you're considered down, in this game you are awaded the spot you got hit. It's completely backwards.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."
Old 07-19-2006, 11:24 AM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoop_Brady
I don't think it's misleading at all. Maybe 10% of the time the ball carrier is tackled exactly where he is hit the rest of the time there's momentum involved. The really bad thing is the fact that momentum is accounted for when you fall backwards. It's completely messed up. If you get hit and fall backwards you should be awarded the spot you were hit in this game you are awarded the spot you end up at. If you get hit and fall forward you should be awarded the spot the ball is when you're considered down, in this game you are awaded the spot you got hit. It's completely backwards.
Gotcha. Ok just so we're clear here, you are saying that the error occurs for you on 90% of running plays when momentum is involved. Just want to make the distinction between that and happening on "just about every single play".

In my experiences, I'd say it happens more around 15% of the time, but we probably have different styles of play.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:33 AM   #60
Pro

OVR: 9

I am so glad I held off on purchasing this until impressions came in. This knowledge has saved me $40. So what EA has released on the PSP is NCAA Touch Football. Wonderful.

I cannot understand how people can say this is not a big deal. It isn't football. It sounds like it would affect a large number of plays, and just because it happens to the CPU as well is no consolation. I don't know what makes me more angry: that an obvious bug like this made it into the game, or that people are just going to accept it. If people accept it and sales are great, then that just shows EA that they can get away with being sloppy. Someone said EA is stealing our money. Sounds more like we are the ones simply donating it to them.
Old 07-19-2006, 11:49 AM   #61
Rookie

Icon12 Re: Official PSP Impressions thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk
I am so glad I held off on purchasing this until impressions came in. This knowledge has saved me $40. So what EA has released on the PSP is NCAA Touch Football. Wonderful.

I cannot understand how people can say this is not a big deal. It isn't football. It sounds like it would affect a large number of plays, and just because it happens to the CPU as well is no consolation. I don't know what makes me more angry: that an obvious bug like this made it into the game, or that people are just going to accept it. If people accept it and sales are great, then that just shows EA that they can get away with being sloppy. Someone said EA is stealing our money. Sounds more like we are the ones simply donating it to them.
Hey I'm on your guys's side on this. I'm bummed out as well. But for people who are on the fence with this game and looking for people's experiences with the bug, I just wanted to make sure that what I have been seeing is communicated properly so that people can make an informed decision.

Perhaps there are some people that may not consider this a big deal, and if so, they could enjoy this title.

But again, I'm upset at this bug also. But I do enjoy the time I get to spend with this game. (When I don't get nailed with the yardage flaw - ha)

Last edited by milbrewcity; 07-19-2006 at 11:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 12:07 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Hey I'm on your guys's side on this. I'm bummed out as well. But for people who are on the fence with this game and looking for people's experiences with the bug, I just wanted to make sure that what I have been seeing is communicated properly so that people can make an informed decision.

Perhaps there are some people that may not consider this a big deal, and if so, they could enjoy this title.

But again, I'm upset at this bug also. But I do enjoy the time I get to spend with this game. (When I don't get nailed with the yardage flaw - ha)
Yeah, but at what point do you draw the line. I'm PISSED because this game is SOOO good, yet it only took me a couple of times going for it on 4th down and being ROBBED by the glitch creating a turnover on downs for me to throw this piece of trash back in the case. I'll be returning it today.

Xphyle
Old 07-19-2006, 12:09 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xphyle
Yeah, but at what point do you draw the line. I'm PISSED because this game is SOOO good, yet it only took me a couple of times going for it on 4th down and being ROBBED by the glitch creating a turnover on downs for me to throw this piece of trash back in the case. I'll be returning it today.

Xphyle
Hey, I certainly don't blame you man.
Old 07-19-2006, 02:37 PM   #64
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Gotcha. Ok just so we're clear here, you are saying that the error occurs for you on 90% of running plays when momentum is involved. Just want to make the distinction between that and happening on "just about every single play".

In my experiences, I'd say it happens more around 15% of the time, but we probably have different styles of play.
Actually I'm saying that it happens 100% of the time when momentum is involved and momentum is involved on 90% of every play. It isn't limited to the rushing game either, any player who runs with the ball is subject to this weird new way of marking the line of scrimmage. The game plays great but is completely unplayable for anyone who pays attention to where the ball should be placed. I'd say that's about 99.3% of football videogame players. If you're only noticing it 15% of the time try checking the spot of the ball after every single play and then check out the play in instant replay and see where the ball should have been spotted. IMO this is the worst bug ever released in a sports game. It would be like getting a single on every homerun you hit in a baseball game. It is that bad folks, buy at your own risk. If you pick it up thinking it can't be that big of an issue don't say I didn't warn you.

"A man is called selfish, not for pursuing his own good, but for neglecting his neighbor's."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »