Home

Wonder if they fixed the sim engine

This is a discussion on Wonder if they fixed the sim engine within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-06-2006, 08:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 6
Wonder if they fixed the sim engine

Title says it all. The dynasty mode was borked because of the insane stats. I wonder if they actually went and fixed it.

It was still pretty fun two player however.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2006, 08:30 PM   #2
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Wonder if they fixed the sim engine

Was there anything else wrong with the stats other than the QB stats? I can't exactly remember. Besides the completion percentage and running QB's barely running at all in simmed games what else was wrong with the stats?
Old 07-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 3

my only complaint was 20+ yard runs. My top 2 RB's, FB and QB would be 1-4. Guys like Reggie Bush would have like 9 20+ yard runs.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
Was there anything else wrong with the stats other than the QB stats? I can't exactly remember. Besides the completion percentage and running QB's barely running at all in simmed games what else was wrong with the stats?
I want to say there was something else really out there. But I can't think what it is.

I mean, I don't care if things are a little off one way or another. But when you had no one under like 70% completion and a boatload of guys at the top with like a 50-1 TD/iNT ratio, it ruins the dynasty mode. 3D maps and whatever the hell else they put in there doesn't matter.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:39 PM   #5
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

I gotta say I never noticed any NCAA stat issues last year. Maybe I just never noticed it.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-06-2006, 08:42 PM   #6
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I wouldn't have had I not seen complaints on here...but only one that bothered me were the comp. %

And Gocanes...if there's any RB that could've/should've had 9 20+ yard runs...it's Bush. I got no complaints there.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:43 PM   #7
I'll thank him for you

ex carrabba fan's Arena

OVR: 31

mostly just extremely high yardage/completion percentages.
Old 07-06-2006, 08:44 PM   #8
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramenite
I want to say there was something else really out there. But I can't think what it is.

I mean, I don't care if things are a little off one way or another. But when you had no one under like 70% completion and a boatload of guys at the top with like a 50-1 TD/iNT ratio, it ruins the dynasty mode. 3D maps and whatever the hell else they put in there doesn't matter.
Oh, I totally agree with you. It didn't kill my enjoyment factor of the game at but it did detract from the overall dynasty experience, which I like to be as authentic as possible. It's almost like you are playing your games in a completely different organization of college football than the rest of the teams. Ideally I think we would all like to see the in-game action yield stats on par with the simulated games that in both cases are realistic. Doesn't mean we shouldn't see anomalies, but in general they box scores of games played or simulated should compare well to the real box scores.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »