Home

Presentation seems to have taken several steps back

This is a discussion on Presentation seems to have taken several steps back within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-08-2006, 02:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Presentation seems to have taken several steps back

Edit:I jumped the gun a bit with my assumptions about the presentation lacking this year. I have been watching some of the gamespot clips and Im seeing alot more emotions on the field. The Game Informer clips didnt show me anything. Just bring on the cheerleaders, fans and team entrances for more of a college football experience next year.

Last edited by stingya; 07-08-2006 at 11:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 02:36 PM   #2
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28
Re: Presentation seems to have taken several steps back

Wow...

Emotion is better in this game then all the NCAA games put together. Right after the play they are either celebrating or angry
Old 07-08-2006, 02:44 PM   #3
MVP

Dispatch's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
Wow...

Emotion is better in this game then all the NCAA games put together. Right after the play they are either celebrating or angry
Exactly, every video I see the players are either celebrating or "trash talking" the other team.

And I skipped over all the pre-game stuff everytime. To me it's all about the gameplay witch looks to be improved over the current gen, so I'm pretty happy with the 360 version.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid
Exactly, every video I see the players are either celebrating or "trash talking" the other team.

And I skipped over all the pre-game stuff everytime. To me it's all about the gameplay witch looks to be improved over the current gen, so I'm pretty happy with the 360 version.
i dont see how you can decide either way right now, most every video is cut scenes put together, so there is no way of telling.
Old 07-08-2006, 02:55 PM   #5
EA Game Changer

OVR: 28

No, there has been like 10 straight gameplay videos were its all the game..Except they hit A sometimes to skip walking to the line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-08-2006, 03:08 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev5890
No, there has been like 10 straight gameplay videos were its all the game..Except they hit A sometimes to skip walking to the line.
Yeah I guess its true. I do see them trash talking and celebrating after plays. But Im not feeling it like a broadcast. Maybe its because they are skipping it all by mashing A.
By the way, has anyone seen cheerleaders or closeups of fans celebrating in this years version? Or has it been left out.
Im still really excited about this game!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
Rookie

mcbh33's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingya
After watching several 360 clips, its quite obvious to me that the presentation is lacking this year. I'm not seeing much emotion on the field. It would have been nice to have closeups of player reactions after touch downs or big plays. What happened to the cheerleaders and fans celebrating?
Do these additions take a long time to develop for them to not include them in the new gen?
I really wish they would have went with a broadcast feel to the presentation like in the current gen. Oh well.... I guess we are going to have to start all over again and wait for these things to be added each year.

Who cares, the cheerleaders ALWAYS looked like **** anyway. What matters is winning and playing the damned game.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:34 PM   #8
Rookie

johnrice20022002's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingya
Yeah I guess its true. I do see them trash talking and celebrating after plays. But Im not feeling it like a broadcast. Maybe its because they are skipping it all by mashing A.
By the way, has anyone seen cheerleaders or closeups of fans celebrating in this years version? Or has it been left out.
Im still really excited about this game!
Well they are celebrating after the plays...but the camera angles arent focusing on the players during the celebration so it could feel like a broadcast. Only thing I hope for next year is the inclusion of team-specific entrances, better post play/touchdown camera angles/animations, some post-game highlights....and maybe...just maybe...some First Person Stadium Entrances a la NFL 2K5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »