Home

How do YOU recruit?

This is a discussion on How do YOU recruit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #25
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: How do YOU recruit?

Usually with LSU I try to recruit mostly Louisiana and a few Texas players and then supplement with 3 or 4 "studs" from other states. Its fun winning with LA guys. Over the course of the year I will probably try dynasties with a lot of different teams. I always try to change things up at each different school. Sometimes I just try to get the best players that I can, especially when starting out as a weak school. Sometimes I will go with an option system, sometimes a spread, etc... and I recruit accordingly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 07:36 PM   #26
Rookie

jacketin08's Arena

OVR: 4

I usually go for about 4 or 5 in-season players, focusing on needs. In the offseason I go after the players with interest first, then take a flier on someone with no interest. I always try to get a tall (over 6') CB, and a scrambling quarterback. I love running the option so those are the QB's I usually go for. Everything else I go for best available with with good disciple. Every now and then I will take a player with average discipline, but never below that. No matter how good the player.
Old 07-11-2006, 02:20 AM   #27
Rookie

nbordner's Arena

OVR: 1

First of all I try to fill up my roster like this:

4 QBs
4 RBs
3 FBs
6 WRs
3 TEs
6 OTs
6 OGs
3 Cs
6 DEs
5 DTs
6 OLBs
4 MLBs
5 CBs
3 FSs
3 SSs
1 K
1 P

That gives me 69/70 players and a full depth chart with the extra spot going to the best available player regardless of position.

For in-season recruiting I stay in-state with the exception of QB. I will usually choose a four star QB with a 40 yard dash in the 5.0 range. Then I go after any in-state player that fills up a slot on the depth chart.

In offseason recruiting I still try to get in-state guys first. My recruiting priorities are this:

1. Any in-state 3-5 star player
2. Any out-of-state 3-5 star who lists my team #1
3. Any in-state 2 star player
4. Any interested out-of-state 3-5 star player
5. Any in-state 1 star player or interested out-of-state 2 star player

If I can't find enough guys at certain positions I will recruit other positions and then convert them. I especially like to do this with FB/TE, CB/S, S/LB, LB/DE.

I do not recruit the following:
1. 230 lb. QBs with ridiculously fast 40 times
2. White guys named Tyrone, Marquis, Antonio, etc.
3. 6'5" 199 lb. fullbacks, running backs, safeties or corners
Old 07-11-2006, 11:01 AM   #28
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

That's interesting. I always go for:

3 QB
3 HB
2 FB
6 WR
3 TE
3 T
3 G
2 C
3 DE
3 DT
3 OLB
3 ILB
5 CB
2 FS
2 SS
1 K
1 P

This way I get around 49 guys. Then, with all the remaining spots, I always take best available interested players. Many a season goes by where, after seniors have left, I still have my base of 50 or so guys, and I can just recruit the best, or find somebody to replace that guy rated 57.

And I own Iowa, always, recruiting-wise. Every Iowan who comes out and is *** or higher comes to ISU. Iowa gets hurt by it, and so do surrounding states with Iowa pipeline, like Nebraska.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:08 AM   #29
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGamingChef
That's interesting. I always go for:

3 QB
3 HB
2 FB
6 WR
3 TE
3 T
3 G
2 C
3 DE
3 DT
3 OLB
3 ILB
5 CB
2 FS
2 SS
1 K
1 P

This way I get around 49 guys. Then, with all the remaining spots, I always take best available interested players. Many a season goes by where, after seniors have left, I still have my base of 50 or so guys, and I can just recruit the best, or find somebody to replace that guy rated 57.

And I own Iowa, always, recruiting-wise. Every Iowan who comes out and is *** or higher comes to ISU. Iowa gets hurt by it, and so do surrounding states with Iowa pipeline, like Nebraska.
That's a pretty good minimum list to have although 3 MLBs may not always be necessary. I usually stockpile a ton of OL.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:53 PM   #30
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbordner
I do not recruit the following:
2. White guys named Tyrone, Marquis, Antonio, etc.
That is friggin hilarious...I always laugh when I see those recruits.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #31
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Whenever I see somebody like that (White guy = Antonio or something like that) I just edit the skin color. I mean, c'mon, be real.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »