Home

Anyone usually buy NCAA to tide them over until Madden comes out???

This is a discussion on Anyone usually buy NCAA to tide them over until Madden comes out??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2006, 02:37 PM   #17
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52
Re: Anyone usually buy NCAA to tide them over until Madden comes out???

Last year was the first time that I ever bought NCAA and really enjoyed the change of pace. It definately got more out of it than Madden. I am going to get NCAA for the 360 and psp and probably Madden for the 360 but not totally sure yet about Madden.
Old 07-10-2006, 02:48 PM   #18
MVP

TheGamingChef's Arena

OVR: 18

Ha, I haven't played Madden since Eddie George was on the cover, I believe that was Madden '01. Then I played NFL 2K until EA decided to... well, you know. In the PS1 days I much preferred Madden, but after my switch to an Xbox the NCAA series took over for my football fix.

I don't really like Madden, and I will, until 2010 at least, refuse to buy Madden new, simply on principle. The same holds true with the MLB 2K series, although I don't even want to buy that used in the first place.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:05 PM   #19
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

The only reason i have bought madden games in the past was to import my draft classes and see how all the players i played with in NCAA do in the pros. But after a couple of seasons (if that) i would get sick of the game, and turn back to NCAA. It is not that madden is a bad game, i just don't enjoy pro football videogames as much as college. I love pro football, i watch it all the time, but that passion does just not transfer over to the videogame world for some reason for me.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:12 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
The only reason i have bought madden games in the past was to import my draft classes and see how all the players i played with in NCAA do in the pros. But after a couple of seasons (if that) i would get sick of the game, and turn back to NCAA. It is not that madden is a bad game, i just don't enjoy pro football videogames as much as college. I love pro football, i watch it all the time, but that passion does just not transfer over to the videogame world for some reason for me.
That passion doesn't transfer over, because playing Madden doesn't feel anything like a PROFESSIONAL football game. It feels generic and dull. No excitement or atmosphere at all. Especially in the playoff games that feel like pre-season games. Hard to believe that the same company makes NCAA and Madden.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:15 PM   #21
All Star

Aggies7's Arena

OVR: 39

I used to buy NCAA to hold me over til Madden. Now I get so wrapped up in NCAA I dont really ever play Madden. I mean yea I buy the game, but I might play it a few days and then right back to NCAA when the season starts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2006, 03:18 PM   #22
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thmst30
That passion doesn't transfer over, because playing Madden doesn't feel anything like a PROFESSIONAL football game. It feels generic and dull. No excitement or atmosphere at all. Especially in the playoff games that feel like pre-season games. Hard to believe that the same company makes NCAA and Madden.
Totally true. The presentation is good in NCAA and inexcusably awful in Madden. Furthermore, you feel like you are playing against the same team/style every time you play in Madden while NCAA has such a diverse group of teams and offenses from the option to the spread.

Lastly, I like the speed of the gameplay better in NCAA which is faster. The defensive line play is better and dynasty is also more fun. With shorter seasons, I play virtually every game on my schedule while with Madden, I can't remember the last time I didn't sim a game during a season. By year 2 or 3, I'm simming well over half my games. It also may be due to the fact that losing a single game can cost you the National Championship but for whatever reason NCAA is more addicting.
Old 07-10-2006, 03:26 PM   #23
BIG
MVP

OVR: 10

Another thing to consider is that NCAA dynasty stays fresh every year. In madden you might have almost the exact same roster for 3 straight years. In NCAA, you are always seeing new players. There are always new obstacles, recruiting restictions, players leaving early, players graduating, players skipping class and missing games. All the other teams are bringing in new talent, so every year you are facing a completely different team. You might get fired, and have to go to another school and start over. Every season in NCAA is an adventure, but after the first season of madden, it seems like its just the same thing over and over.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »