Home

NCAA 2007 Impressions (PS2) w/Whipsmart77

This is a discussion on NCAA 2007 Impressions (PS2) w/Whipsmart77 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NCAA 2007 Impressions (PS2) w/Whipsmart77

What else can I say...

ESPN - not integrated to any great degree.

Stats - Heisman Winner was ASU QB, some eye-popping numbers but nothing COMPLETELY ridiculous from what I saw - 45 td passes I think and a reasonable completion rate.

My created LB finished with 50 tackles, 4 INTs, 4 sacks and a few pass deflections and ended up making the Frosh All-America team.

One oddity was I broke the school record for receiving yards in a season (Terry Glenn or David Boston?) with Ginn. 1,450 some yards on 61 catches...11 tds...he didn't even make first team All-American. Not sure if it was because my team was only 7-5 or whatever, but that was disappointing. Samarzdjia caught 80 balls (for less yards and about equal TDs). I thought that was a high # of passes caught but whatever...

One area that really stuck out was fumbles, I had a LOT. Granted, I refuse to worry about hitting triangle to cover up at the end of each run, so maybe I got what I deserved, but Pittman had like 17. Geezus. The QB fumbles were realistic and did not occur to often. Drops rarely happen unless you're hit. I didn't count 'em up at the end of the year, but without any contact and a well-thrown ball, my WRs/TEs/backs might have dropped 4 or 5 total between them. I don't know if that's disappointing to you or not. For me, playing on 5 minute quarters, I can't afford to see 3 drops a quarter and get realistic results, so I was fine with the sticky hands unless popped/swatted at mechanic.

Very few penalties, what else is new. Challenging plays is cool, booth will also step in and review, pretty sweet. New PBs are nice but I believe a bit overrated. There are some "new" routes and looks, but basically it's the same 'ole couple guys slant in/out, one goes down middle, one works the sideline routine. The books are fun enough and have plenty of depth.

Defensive hot routes are a great addition and necessary to mixing up the Ds.

Impact players seem nicely worked in. Never REALLY felt that sagging fear or total disgust that a guy just was going to do some insane **** like in '06. Seems like they still pick their spots to get a little nutty, but nothing over the top.

Punt returns are really tough. Haven't broken one yet. Kickoff returns are better. Oh! And the bouncing ball on punts is back...no more guaranteed to drop and bounce 20 yards straight into the endzone - randomness is back.

Screen passes are excellent. On some the back will "sit" in the line for a moment before popping out behind a wall of blockers. Lovely.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 11:57 AM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garydee
Can you still bomb the computer with streak plays on a consistent basis?
Hard to say. On All-American if you work at it and have the sole goal of doing that, then yea you can probably catch a fair amount of these. I'm not sure you'd win the game doing that, but you could catch more than you should.

On Heisman, I caught my share of long passes, but I went 7-5 and was definitely in desperation mode in some of those games and obviously, it didn't work, lol.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 AM   #27
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Is the "Jump the Snap" feature too cheesy in this game? Also, is home field advantage in the game?
Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 PM   #28
Rookie

J. the snap didn't seem too cheesy, but I didn't play as a DL a lot (you have to be on the line to trigger this).

HFA - well you get the decibel meter and all that but it's not like last year or '05.
Old 07-11-2006, 12:03 PM   #29
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10

Thanks for the info, Whipsmart! It's not the 360 version but at least let's us know some things and certainly direction of the programmers.

One last question, why do bad things happen to good people? (lol, had to throw one in)
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #30
Meatball

OVR:

Since no one else will ask it, I'll go for it.

Whipsmart, I totally appreciate the time and knowledge your dropping on us, but I gotz to know........How the hell did you get the game early??

Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks again for the info.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 PM   #31
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Did you find the run game to be similar to '06, in that having a fast RB was much better then having a power RB?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-11-2006, 12:05 PM   #32
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Thanks for the fix man, Ima HUGE graphics fureeak and in last year's version there was NO field degradation at all (PS2)...could you elaborate on this and the weather graphics, unis, etc..don't get me wrong GAMEPLAY is 1st here, and then the graphics is the proverbial "Icing On The Cake" also the little things are cool too...again thanks bro

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »