Home

Defensive Playmaker Routes?

This is a discussion on Defensive Playmaker Routes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2006, 12:34 AM   #1
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5
Defensive Playmaker Routes?

I believe I've read that the defensive playmaker routes are going to be in NCAA 07 this year on current gen versions.

Is that correct and does anyone know if the playmaker controls have made the next gen cut?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 02:44 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
Re: Defensive Playmaker Routes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
I believe I've read that the defensive playmaker routes are going to be in NCAA 07 this year on current gen versions.

Is that correct and does anyone know if the playmaker controls have made the next gen cut?

Don't think they are in for 360. I think only post snap playmaker is in. No R stick Audibles for 360 either I don't think
Old 07-12-2006, 03:01 AM   #3
Rookie

Deltron's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Don't think they are in for 360. I think only post snap playmaker is in. No R stick Audibles for 360 either I don't think
I found what I remembered reading over at IGN, but this is specific to current gen:

"Defenders aren't fully left in the cold with this year's version, as you have hot routes available for each member of the defensive squad. This can be used to provide additional coverage from the weak side to the strong side of the field during the play, designate certain players that will only focus on zone coverage, or commit some backs to the blitz"

They also mentioned slide protection as being on current gen. In the preview of the 360 version I found no mention of these options. I'm going to keep looking around at other sites and see if I can find any mention of those features for the next gen version.

Now I'm kind of torn between getting the 360 version or the Xbox version. I think both slide protection and defensive hot routes add a TON to the gameplay and strategy.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:59 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deltron
I found what I remembered reading over at IGN, but this is specific to current gen:

"Defenders aren't fully left in the cold with this year's version, as you have hot routes available for each member of the defensive squad. This can be used to provide additional coverage from the weak side to the strong side of the field during the play, designate certain players that will only focus on zone coverage, or commit some backs to the blitz"

They also mentioned slide protection as being on current gen. In the preview of the 360 version I found no mention of these options. I'm going to keep looking around at other sites and see if I can find any mention of those features for the next gen version.

Now I'm kind of torn between getting the 360 version or the Xbox version. I think both slide protection and defensive hot routes add a TON to the gameplay and strategy.
For me R Stick Audibles add alot too, especially defensively.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »