Home

18 NEW ATTRIBUTES FOR NEXT-GEN NCAA

This is a discussion on 18 NEW ATTRIBUTES FOR NEXT-GEN NCAA within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-12-2006, 04:22 PM   #57
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: 18 NEW ATTRIBUTES FOR NEXT-GEN NCAA

My only concern is that each of these new attributes adds a new variable into the game, but how will that throw anything else out of wack? The new engine was designed without these variables in mind, so hopefully EA has tested them well and make sure they work, but work well with all the other original attributes and don't cause anything screwy to happen.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:44 PM   #58
Pro

Sigma4Life's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I think this is due to bad player interaction, not just pass rush ratings. IMO, the problem is that blocks are generally stationary, and it effects outside pass rushing as well as run plays to the outside.

When a DE speed rushes, the OT will try to ride him beyond the QB. They stay engaged until the DE beats the OT around the corner or the DE tries an inside move. On NCAA/Madden the block doesn't leave the LOS unless the DE defeats the block.

Except for runs up the middle, blocks tend to flow towards the play. On tosses, a TE engages with a LB, and the TE, if he can't turn the LB, will stay engaged and ride the LB where he wants to go. And a lot of the time, the defender doesn't try to defeat the block until the last second when the ball carier chooses his lane. But, on NCAA/Madden, unless a block is defeated, all offensive & defensive lineman remain in the box despite the play being 20 yards away.

Bad player interaction is the reason behind a lot of things I don't like about this game. Low tackle stats(no gang tackling & suction blcoking), over effective CB tackling(no gang tackling), ineffective 3-4 defense(no double team blocking)... but I'll stop here.

However, I do recall reading that there are turn blocks in the game. And the Madden OL drill showed SOME movement with one of the blocks. Hopefully, this aspect of the game has improved.
I agree with everything you said. The ESPN 2k series did a MUCH better job in this area.
Old 07-12-2006, 04:58 PM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

Still no "route running" like 2K5 had.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:07 PM   #60
SCEA Community Manager

Russell_SCEA's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
My only concern is that each of these new attributes adds a new variable into the game, but how will that throw anything else out of wack? The new engine was designed without these variables in mind, so hopefully EA has tested them well and make sure they work, but work well with all the other original attributes and don't cause anything screwy to happen.
I don't think thats correct EA had new ratings in mind ever since NEXT-GEN became a reality I guess they just didn't want to put them in there for the first year.

In last years interview the developers said that new attributes were something they were looking into.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:27 PM   #61
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
I think this is due to bad player interaction, not just pass rush ratings. IMO, the problem is that blocks are generally stationary, and it effects outside pass rushing as well as run plays to the outside.

When a DE speed rushes, the OT will try to ride him beyond the QB. They stay engaged until the DE beats the OT around the corner or the DE tries an inside move. On NCAA/Madden the block doesn't leave the LOS unless the DE defeats the block.

Except for runs up the middle, blocks tend to flow towards the play. On tosses, a TE engages with a LB, and the TE, if he can't turn the LB, will stay engaged and ride the LB where he wants to go. And a lot of the time, the defender doesn't try to defeat the block until the last second when the ball carier chooses his lane. But, on NCAA/Madden, unless a block is defeated, all offensive & defensive lineman remain in the box despite the play being 20 yards away.

Bad player interaction is the reason behind a lot of things I don't like about this game. Low tackle stats(no gang tackling & suction blcoking), over effective CB tackling(no gang tackling), ineffective 3-4 defense(no double team blocking)... but I'll stop here.

However, I do recall reading that there are turn blocks in the game. And the Madden OL drill showed SOME movement with one of the blocks. Hopefully, this aspect of the game has improved.
Like sigma4life said, I totally agree. The lack of a real pocket where players stick to each other before one falls over rather than slide off each other like the true sport is the biggest problem. 2K had player interaction done much better along with its presentation (although NCAA is pretty good there). 2K wasn't perfect but that's where they really did a good job.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-12-2006, 06:54 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Like sigma4life said, I totally agree. The lack of a real pocket where players stick to each other before one falls over rather than slide off each other like the true sport is the biggest problem. 2K had player interaction done much better along with its presentation (although NCAA is pretty good there). 2K wasn't perfect but that's where they really did a good job.
So true
Old 07-13-2006, 02:44 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kentucky3D
dude we're in the top 25 every year in attendence even though we always go 2-9. We are a lot more passionate about football than any of those Mississippi schools. Besides we owned you in Lexington last season.
Top 25 every year, huh? I guess #27 is the new #25. UK's football is worse than your math, geek.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/a...attendance.pdf
Old 07-13-2006, 02:53 PM   #64
The OS Artist Guy

NYG_Meth's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalove
Top 25 every year, huh? I guess #27 is the new #25. UK's football is worse than your math, geek.

http://www.ncaa.org/stats/football/a...attendance.pdf
You're going to last long here.

WebsiteFacebookTwitterYouTubeDeviantArt

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »