Home

Alabama Auburn ratings comparisons

This is a discussion on Alabama Auburn ratings comparisons within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-14-2006, 02:19 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Alabama Auburn ratings comparisons

So I did an in-depth study on the ratings between Auburn and Alabama. I did averages for the starting 11 on both offense and defense. The offensive players were comprised of a QB, TB, FB, 2 WRs, TE, 2 OTs, C, and 2 OGs. The defensive averages were a basic 4-3. The results were interesting to say the least.

Offense

Auburn 84.91
Alabama 85.72

A few things that really stuck out to me regarding offense:

Alabama's starting 5 offensive lineman are actually ranked higher than Auburn's, garnering a 84.4 average (83.67 with a TE) to AU's 83.4 (81.5 with a TE). EA actually ranked Kyle Tatum (90) higher than Ben Grubbs (89), who is on numerous All-American teams. I have yet to see Tatum show up on even the 3rd team All-SEC team.

Auburn's Tim Hawthorne, who has yet to play in a single game, is an 85, making him the 2nd best WR on AU already.

Auburn's Ben Tate is an 83, 4 points higher than Brad Lester, who was the starting tailback at Auburn until he pulled a hamstring in the sixth game of the season. Tre Smith (88) and Carl Stewart (85) are also both higher than Lester. In reality, Lester is every bit as good as Irons and he proved that last year. Smith, Stewart, and of course Tate, are no where near Lester. I would knock about 2-3 points off each of those guys and give the points to Lester.

Alabama's Andre Smith, who was on everyone's top 5 list in the nation, is an 82. Wow

EA completely screwed the pooch making Alabama's line better than Auburn's (when in reality, there might be 1 or 2 players at UA that would even make the two deep at Auburn). They made up for it by giving UA the finger in the running backs department (a position that I feel Auburn and Alabama are pretty equal on). Auburn's five tailbacks average out to be an 85.8. Alabama's five tailbacks average out to be an 77.8. Darby (92), Coffee (77), Upchurch (76), Johns (73), and Sharrief (71) were robbed as a unit. Oh well

Defense:

Auburn 85
Alabama 86.73

Thoughts on defense:

Auburn has great ends (Groves 94, Gunn 90), poor inside lineman (Browder 79, Thompson 76), solid linebackers (Herring 90, Johnson 80, Dede 79), and a good secondary (Irons 88, Wilhite 81, Davis 86, Brock 87). I have so many problems with these I cant even begin to discuss it. Gunn and Groves are right on. Browder and Thompson are underrated by at least 4-5 points. (Note: Sen'Derrick Marks is actually an 80 but isn't the starter). Herring at 90 is good, Dede at 79 is ridiculous (should be 84 at least), and Merrill Johnson is decent at 80 (Note: Tray Blackmon is an 84 but isnt the starter). The secondary ratings are an abortion. Tristan Davis has never started a game at safety and played tailback all last season, yet he is an 86. David Irons, who is included in every single All-SEC team is an 88. Davis needs about 5 points taken off and given to Irons. Eric Brock is an 87. Whatever. He needs about 6 points taken off and given to Wilhite. Other than that, everything is groovy.

Alabama's defense looks to be pretty close. Gilberry (93) and Greenwood (84) are about right. Inside, Clark (93) is a tad high and Lee (84) might be a tad low. At 'backer, Simpson at a 95 is insane (92 at absolute best) and Terrance Johns (85) seems a little high for someone that didn't play much. All my bama friends rave about him though so he will probably be a player. Matt Collins (84) is someone I have never even heard of. Ramzee Robinson at a 91 is ludicrous. If Robinson is a 91, Irons is a 93. Simeon Castille (80) got jobbed. Robinson needs about 4 points taken off and given to Castille. The safeties, Dukes (84) and Carter (83) seem about right for two guys with little experience.

I thought Christensen (78) was completely hosed and I figured he would be at least an 85. Alabama's punter, Fitzgerald (69) must be really bad.

I'm not sure what teams EA looked at for these ratings. Some are spot on and some are completely ridiculous. Auburn is ranked 7 in the game, yet has a worse team (ratings wise) than Alabama who is 24. Everyone in the south knows that Auburn has probably the best O Line in the conference and that Alabama has one of the worst. Yet somehow Alabama's line is better. Both schools have a wealth of running back talent but EA decided Auburn's was light years ahead of Alabama's. Oh well, sorry for the rant.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 02:23 PM   #2
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Alabama Auburn ratings comparisons

Quote:
I'm not sure what teams EA looked at for these ratings.
I don't think they know either.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:59 PM   #3
Stop! Homer Time!

theaub's Arena

OVR: 35

Is this 360 or current gen?

EDIT: I'm gonna guess 360, because Taylor is the only WR over 80 in current gen.

Last edited by theaub; 07-14-2006 at 03:05 PM.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #4
Rookie

cbc72's Arena

OVR: 3

Speaking of Auburn...

NY Times Snippet--The Auburn football team’s performance in the N.C.A.A.’s new rankings of student athletes’ academic progress surprised many educators on and off campus. The team had the highest ranking of any Division I-A public university among college football’s six major conferences. Over all among Division I-A football programs, Auburn trailed only Stanford, Navy and Boston College and finished just ahead of Duke.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/07/13/sp...gewanted=print
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19

When I saw Jamie Christensen at a 78 I gasped.

He's one of the clutchest(is that a word?) kickers in college football.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #6
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Wow...this is..only Auburn fans...

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."
Old 07-14-2006, 04:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Tate is a monster. Ask AA. We reviewed his ratings via XBL chat.
Old 07-14-2006, 04:12 PM   #8
Champs

Husker_OS's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak
When I saw Jamie Christensen at a 78 I gasped.

He's one of the clutchest(is that a word?) kickers in college football.

the word is most clutch

but I wouldn't worry. From all reports I've seen, Christensen should be not only Money this year under pressure, but money period. Atleast we have a good kicking game and a good defense this year

Alabama National Championships

1925-1926-1930-1934-1945-1961-1964-1965-1966-1978-1979-1992-2009-2011-2012-2015

"Fight on, fight on, fight on men! Remember the Rose Bowl, we'll win then..."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »