Home

Items Missing From The Manual (360)

This is a discussion on Items Missing From The Manual (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Items Missing From The Manual (360)

Do hurdles just happen randomly now?
Old 07-17-2006, 05:04 PM   #10
Rookie

morganic's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_rob11
I wonder if there is a button for a User strip. It's not in the game controls or game manual, but I've done a "user strip" a couple of times since I've had the game (360 version), but I have no idea how im doing it.....but it does pop up on the screen "USER STRIP" like it would for "Hit Stick" or "Impact Stick" or "User Tackle/Sack"... ...I wonder if it IS something like a User sack/tackle, where there is no specific button for it but it is just giving credit to user controled player.....
I believe the User Strip comes up when you tackle a player and he fumbles it. There isn't a seperate User Strip button.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #11
MVP

FAM CEO's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
One thing that is great about the 360 version is mapping your controller to your liking.

I've got a combo of '04 and '05 controls goin on mine.

One thing I know is great is the stiff arm button - I've mapped that to the left trigger instead of the default which is lateral.

Anyway, the stiff arm button also works as a switch ball to outside(or switch ball to other arm) which is very important in the running game, because you can't throw the stiff arm to someone unless you have the ball on the outside of the defender. I know this feature has been true in the past, I just wanted to bring it up because I don't think it's mentioned anywhere in the manual.

Thank you for this thread but can you explain a little more on the stiff arm and switching hand thing. Are you sayiong that i push the stiff arm button and it will switch to the opposite hand? When does it stiff and when does it switch?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 05:29 PM   #12
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by concealed
Thank you for this thread but can you explain a little more on the stiff arm and switching hand thing. Are you sayiong that i push the stiff arm button and it will switch to the opposite hand? When does it stiff and when does it switch?
  • If you aren't near a defender, the ball carrier will switch it to his other hand.
  • If you are near a def. but the ball is away from him the bc will just stiff arm.
  • If you are near a def. but the ball is towards the def. the bc will switch then stiff arm.
Old 07-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 15

an EA game with a ****ty manual? say it aint so =P
Old 07-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #14
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bears_16_and_0
an EA game with a ****ty manual? say it aint so =P

I think all gaming manuals are ****ty these days.
Old 07-17-2006, 06:28 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 15

yeah pretty much, EA's are the worst though. nintendo always puts out quality full color manuals i think. anyways didnt mean to pull this off topic!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #16
Rookie

MattRobinson17's Arena

OVR: 6

"Pushing the B button does cycle players before snap, but pushing B and also pushing in a direction on the left stick will select the player you are pushing towards (a la NFL 2k)"

Thanks Tinman...

I've been cycling through 11 players and it takes forever and if you go too fast, you have to go through all 11 again...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »