Home

Offensive Questions (XBOX)

This is a discussion on Offensive Questions (XBOX) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 04:43 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Offensive Questions (XBOX)

1) Are there any formation shifts or offensive playmaker options?

Example: when you line up and you don't like the defensive formation a) can you formation shift into a more advantageous situation for your offense b) offensive playmaker from a running play to a passing or PA play c) flip the running direction without flipping the play

Just wondering if you do this without having to dedicate 1/5 audible slots.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 07:13 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: Offensive Questions (XBOX)

bump???
Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 PM   #3
Rookie

feenix9's Arena

OVR: 2

c) You can flip the direction of the play by hitting "Y" for an audible and then hitting the direction you want to run on the Left Thumb stick. This works the majority of the time, but there are certains plays that it seems you can't change the running direction.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:22 PM   #4
Rookie

That doesn't work. The flip button is the black button. I tried hitting the audible and the left or right on the left analog stick (nothing).

It seems to me that your better off setting up (running and passin) auds in the same formation where your players don't have to realign. I'm surprised they didn't include formation shifts and formation playmaker auds. =(

Better get used to setting the audibles on the fly during the game =(
Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 AM   #5
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen06
1) Are there any formation shifts or offensive playmaker options?

Example: when you line up and you don't like the defensive formation a) can you formation shift into a more advantageous situation for your offense b) offensive playmaker from a running play to a passing or PA play c) flip the running direction without flipping the play

Just wondering if you do this without having to dedicate 1/5 audible slots.
You can flip the run play direction by pressing Triangle on PS2 and Y on the XBOX and then presssing the D-pad left or right.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreen06
That doesn't work. The flip button is the black button. I tried hitting the audible and the left or right on the left analog stick (nothing).

It seems to me that your better off setting up (running and passin) auds in the same formation where your players don't have to realign. I'm surprised they didn't include formation shifts and formation playmaker auds. =(

Better get used to setting the audibles on the fly during the game =(
The current gen versions do have formation specific audibles (changes the play without changing formation) in addition to the traditional 5 customizable ones. Hit the audible button and then push the right stick up for a quick pass, down for a run, left for play action and right for a long pass (I may have gotten the last two reversed).

The play called varies for each team and formation, so it's a good idea to spnd some time in practice just learning what the various audibles are for your team.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:45 AM   #7
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
The current gen versions do have formation specific audibles (changes the play without changing formation) in addition to the traditional 5 customizable ones. Hit the audible button and then push the right stick up for a quick pass, down for a run, left for play action and right for a long pass (I may have gotten the last two reversed).

The play called varies for each team and formation, so it's a good idea to spnd some time in practice just learning what the various audibles are for your team.
Nice! Thanks for sharing that. Only wish EA's manual would tell us these things.
Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 AM   #8
Rookie

Thanks I just figured the formations auds and flip running direction out. My problem was that I created a custom playbook and tried to formation aud but to no avail.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »