Home

HAs anyone played BOTH XBOX and XBOX 360 versions of NCAA 07?

This is a discussion on HAs anyone played BOTH XBOX and XBOX 360 versions of NCAA 07? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 17
HAs anyone played BOTH XBOX and XBOX 360 versions of NCAA 07?

Just out of curiousity, I've search some threads but cant find anything on direct comparisons to each other

Has anyone played both versions?...if so, which do you prefer and why?

I'm caught in a toss up because I dont have the 360 but I was thinking about picking one up.....anyone care to compare the 2...even briefly?

thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: HAs anyone played BOTH XBOX and XBOX 360 versions of NCAA 07?

I've played both. Some of the good things about the XBOX is it's maybe a little easier to navigate, more game modes, like Run to the Hiesman, or whatever it's called this year. But if it was me....go for the 360. What it's lacking in game modes and so on is made up for 100 times with the graphics of the 360. I couldn't believe how good of a game it is. Now, I've only had it for about 8 hours but I've played enough to know that I will never be able to play the XBOX version again.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:49 PM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by btoner43
I've played both. Some of the good things about the XBOX is it's maybe a little easier to navigate, more game modes, like Run to the Hiesman, or whatever it's called this year. But if it was me....go for the 360. What it's lacking in game modes and so on is made up for 100 times with the graphics of the 360. I couldn't believe how good of a game it is. Now, I've only had it for about 8 hours but I've played enough to know that I will never be able to play the XBOX version again.

coool...thanks

anyone else?
Old 07-18-2006, 10:57 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 6

I played the demo of the current generation and I have the 360. The biggest 2 things are the transitional lighting..its astonishing in the 360 and the animations ther are just tons more in the tackling/catching dept.
Old 07-18-2006, 11:16 PM   #5
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks
I played the demo of the current generation and I have the 360. The biggest 2 things are the transitional lighting..its astonishing in the 360 and the animations ther are just tons more in the tackling/catching dept.

hmmm...sounds very tempting.

I have the Xbox version, and while I think it plays the best game of NCAA yet, I feel like it is so similar and too much like 06. It really just feels like they simply made some minor tweaks to it. Sure the game needed them, but I guess I want a newer experience. Maybe the 360 version would be just what I need
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 12:12 AM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

when you compare ps2/x-box versions to the 360 please dont add the graphics! this is all I hear, people sure like eye candy

ps I have both the ps2 and 360, I bought it on the ps2.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:19 AM   #7
Pro

TurboTitan's Arena

OVR: 6

I own both versions. I got the current gen version when i found out how limited the creat-a-player was on the 360 version. if you like NCAA 2006....you will like NCAA 2007 on current gen, because it is the SAME gameplay as far as i can tell...for example...the deep ball on current gen is STILL way, way too easy. 360 is missing some features, yes...but i prefer the gameplay and AI on it by a wide margin. Also... a little while ago i played a game in my dynasty on the 360 version....then turned on the old Xbox to play a current gen game...I was amazed at how bad the graphics seemed after getting used to the 360 version, to me they look cartoony in comparison. You cant go wrong with either one really. if you biggest deal is gameplay... i would go 360. if your biggest thing is features,,go current gen.
Old 07-19-2006, 12:24 AM   #8
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

for me its not even the features...... the playbooks do it for me

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »