Home

weather effects

This is a discussion on weather effects within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #17
Rookie

brentbarry31's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: weather effects

I want to see the cheerleaders playing in the mud.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:26 PM   #18
Pro

SeaNNyT's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbarry31
It's probably just my copy.
Its definelty not just you.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:28 PM   #19
Rookie

nstod's Arena

OVR: 6

Do these weather effects show up just on the 360? Or the current gen, too? Thanks.
Old 07-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

On 360 the weather is done a lot better than current gen and i'm fairly happy with it for a first year effort. I love how the field degrades and the uniforms get dirty, sometimes even filthy, as has been stated. I have no issue at all really with how the rain and rain effects are done. However snow does need some work. They have the 'stadium is very very cold" look down pat but the snow falling on the field doesn't look quite right in terms of the actual ground.

They need to boot up NFL Fever 2004 because that game had a real snow-game look to it. Snow should accumulate, there should be plowing of the yard markers in extreme snow and we should definitely 110% have footprints in the snow (I imagine this was left out due to frame rate issues but next year they need this in). Also you should see the snow hit the actual players uniforms and other objects and then melt, instead of just having the snow falling in front of the camera which is a way I think they did the game to get around having to calculate this hitting this and melting etc. Also on certain items like the pylons snow should accumulate and like if the pylon is hit, fly off, etc. And when players dive you should see snow move around them, things like that.

Also, although this one is somewhat rare and maybe asking for a bit much, how about some fog on occasion? Anyone remember that Chicago Bears game like 10 years ago where there was so much fog they couldn't even call the game really? LOL, a fog meter in the game would be cool although as I said, it's rare...but hey it is still a weather effect that is missing.

One game that does snow really cool for next-gen is DOA. That game had some really cool snow. As you can probably tell, I love snow.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

Last edited by ODogg; 07-19-2006 at 03:47 PM.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #21
DickDalewood

OVR:

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentbarry31
I want to see the cheerleaders playing in the mud.
I second that notion (assuming you're referring to the female cheerleaders)...

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 04:18 PM   #22
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
On 360 the weather is done a lot better than current gen and i'm fairly happy with it for a first year effort. I love how the field degrades and the uniforms get dirty, sometimes even filthy, as has been stated. I have no issue at all really with how the rain and rain effects are done. However snow does need some work. They have the 'stadium is very very cold" look down pat but the snow falling on the field doesn't look quite right in terms of the actual ground.

They need to boot up NFL Fever 2004 because that game had a real snow-game look to it. Snow should accumulate, there should be plowing of the yard markers in extreme snow and we should definitely 110% have footprints in the snow (I imagine this was left out due to frame rate issues but next year they need this in). Also you should see the snow hit the actual players uniforms and other objects and then melt, instead of just having the snow falling in front of the camera which is a way I think they did the game to get around having to calculate this hitting this and melting etc. Also on certain items like the pylons snow should accumulate and like if the pylon is hit, fly off, etc. And when players dive you should see snow move around them, things like that.

Also, although this one is somewhat rare and maybe asking for a bit much, how about some fog on occasion? Anyone remember that Chicago Bears game like 10 years ago where there was so much fog they couldn't even call the game really? LOL, a fog meter in the game would be cool although as I said, it's rare...but hey it is still a weather effect that is missing.

One game that does snow really cool for next-gen is DOA. That game had some really cool snow. As you can probably tell, I love snow.
Odogg, I'll see if i can get ya on the weather effects crew next year bruh...you be the man in CHARGE!
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown
Odogg, I'll see if i can get ya on the weather effects crew next year bruh...you be the man in CHARGE!
Haha, that would be a great title huh, when someone asks you what you do you say "Senior engineer - NCAA 08 weather effects". Talk about specialized!

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #24
OS Brew Connoisseur

Motown's Arena

OVR: 41

How's the weather effects on the PS 2 Odogg? 'bout the same as last year...no field degradation, a little speck of dirt on the unis,green spray painted jersey look, no consequences in severe weather...thanks man

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »