Home

NCAA 07 or 06?

This is a discussion on NCAA 07 or 06? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2006, 03:31 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
NCAA 07 or 06?

I am wondering after reading alot of post if 07 is just 06 with a few up grades. I promised myself i wasn't going to buy another NCAA if there weren't some real noticable changes. I hate to blow $49 bucks on a roster upgrade. So is it worth it or not for the xbox?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 03:50 PM   #2
Rookie

guy_incognito's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NCAA 07 or 06?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones
I am wondering after reading alot of post if 07 is just 06 with a few up grades. I promised myself i wasn't going to buy another NCAA if there weren't some real noticable changes. I hate to blow $49 bucks on a roster upgrade. So is it worth it or not for the xbox?
1. Circuit City has it for $40.
2. If you are really into graphics, don't buy it. It IS 2006 from that standpoint.
3. From a limited amount of play, it is a LOT more fun to play on the XBOX than last year's game. 2006 was way too hard to pass in, unless you were throwing deep every time. 07 is actually fun to pass in, with YAC, the backs catch the ball now, playbooks are new on O and D.

Feels like a new game to me, gameplay wise. Graphically, it is the same game.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy_incognito
1. Circuit City has it for $40.
2. If you are really into graphics, don't buy it. It IS 2006 from that standpoint.
3. From a limited amount of play, it is a LOT more fun to play on the XBOX than last year's game. 2006 was way too hard to pass in, unless you were throwing deep every time. 07 is actually fun to pass in, with YAC, the backs catch the ball now, playbooks are new on O and D.

Feels like a new game to me, gameplay wise. Graphically, it is the same game.
I agree with everything in the above. I am not scared now to throw a pass that is under 10 yards to an open receiver and have to worry about it bouncing off his hands. The drops seem natural when they do happen. Plus the precision passing makes it more difficult to run around and throw a perfect pass to your reciever. I was at first concerned about the ability (like in madden) to just hip "up" on precision passing and always having the player make the catch. If you do that now he might get laid out and not make the catch. Too bad, I have been doing this for every football game I have ever played going back for years and versions (in my mind, pushing forward made me feel the QB was stepping into the throw, even if it did nothing!) so now I have to work on not doing this so players don't die.
Old 07-19-2006, 04:02 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 8

I didn't have a drops problem with '06, and honestly, I found it a more enjoyable game than what I've seen from the current gen version of '07. The 360 version is certainly worth grabbing, but I'm not convinced it's worth upgrading from '06 (but keep in mind that I thought '06 was the best football game EA ever produced).
Old 07-19-2006, 04:03 PM   #5
Rookie

Passing is actually something I can consider doing this year Short, medium, and long.... not just the occational 30+ yard bomb like last year.....I was EXSTATIC with a 45% comp. rate last year, thus far through 4+ games(with a so-so QB...) I am hitting at about 56-58%(no sliders adjust...yet...lol) Computer runs better I think too.....but on a cautionary note the D is smarter this year, so while you can pass more efficiently and to a wider assortment of players(not just your stud like last year...) you've got to be intelligent about it....So some play calling smarts will help you out! Have fun, I was sceptical too, but dropped the cash with a few trade-ins it was less than 40 bucks.....Have fun and let us know how it goes for you!!

-Speef

Last edited by speef22; 07-19-2006 at 04:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 7

I haven't played enough to form an opinion, but as far as cost, EB and Gamestop has this promotion where if you trade in a certain game toward NCAA 07 you get a $20 credit. So for $30 it may be worth it.

http://www.ebgames.com/gs/trade-ins/trade-ins.asp

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »