Home

The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is...

This is a discussion on The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #49
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: The ONLY Thing 2K5 Has Over NCAA 07 For The 360 Is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sroz39
I don't know why everyone is getting so upset. The original poster is basically saying that, in his eyes, NCAA has finally supplanted 2k5 as the best ever...trolling???

IMO, I find the 360 version of NCAA to have too many holes in it's gameplay...but the PS2 version is as good as it gets. It seems like a totally different ballgame. Anyone that has played it and compared it to other NCAA's of the past knows what I'm talking about. The tackling animations are unbelievable. I've already returned the 360 version (I had it last Friday) after playing many, many, many games. It's just not all that great, once you do two things....stop comparing it to Madden 360 and when you look past the graphics.
THANK YOU! I never came in here saying that 2K5 sucked, and it is a shame that this thread has degraded into another petty 2K5 vs. EA war. I even gave 2K5 props by saying that its penalty calling system/associated animations were the best that I had ever seen. In my opinion YES NCAA 360 has now supplanted 2K5 as the best football game ever, and if EA makes a few small tweaks and changes (like implementing 2K5s penalty calling system) then we will all be witness to something special. I just wish that we could get back on topic and discuss THAT, instead of who's and EA/2K5 fanboy or not!
Old 07-21-2006, 07:13 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino
Brilliant reply from a guy who hasn't played NCAA 07. "whatever"

Nice try.

NCAA's animations are the best in any football game I've ever played.
you should play more football, NCAA 07s (360) animatioms get repetitive during a single game, much more after a few games, thats in comparrison to previous NCAA and madden games. forget 2k5
Old 07-21-2006, 07:20 AM   #51
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
THANK YOU! I never came in here saying that 2K5 sucked, and it is a shame that this thread has degraded into another petty 2K5 vs. EA war. I even gave 2K5 props by saying that its penalty calling system/associated animations were the best that I had ever seen. In my opinion YES NCAA 360 has now supplanted 2K5 as the best football game ever, and if EA makes a few small tweaks and changes (like implementing 2K5s penalty calling system) then we will all be witness to something special. I just wish that we could get back on topic and discuss THAT, instead of who's and EA/2K5 fanboy or not!
Then there must be a significant difference between the current gen NCAA and the next gen NCAA. I've seen people going back and forth as to which one is better; I think most people that are debating your claim are comparing the 360 version, not the current gen version.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 07:55 AM   #52
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Then there must be a significant difference between the current gen NCAA and the next gen NCAA. I've seen people going back and forth as to which one is better; I think most people that are debating your claim are comparing the 360 version, not the current gen version.
From all of the reports that I am hearing, the 360 version has great gameplay and graphics but is missing the extra features of the current gen. I don't see how the 360 version is lesser in any area (other than features) to current gen. I think people just want to argue and start EA vs. 2K flame wars instead of discussing things intelligently...it must make some people feel more manly or something to start flame based arguments on a video game forum.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:19 AM   #53
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

The defensive pass interference calls are pretty bad in this game for the 360, mainly because the collision detection isn't spot on.

I've seen some that are, but ALOT that clearly aren't or are iffy.
Old 07-21-2006, 01:47 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Mauer
Complaining about complainers. Pathetic. I guess people are just suppose to swing from EA's nutz here? Whats a forum mean again?
I find this to be really funny and hypocritical
Old 07-21-2006, 02:05 PM   #55
MVP

noplace's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenMan
The defensive pass interference calls are pretty bad in this game for the 360, mainly because the collision detection isn't spot on.

I've seen some that are, but ALOT that clearly aren't or are iffy.
Well atleast they call it this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 02:06 PM   #56
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt911
From all of the reports that I am hearing, the 360 version has great gameplay and graphics but is missing the extra features of the current gen. I don't see how the 360 version is lesser in any area (other than features) to current gen. I think people just want to argue and start EA vs. 2K flame wars instead of discussing things intelligently...it must make some people feel more manly or something to start flame based arguments on a video game forum.
Actually, the biggest difference is that the current gen game is way more complete and refined, naturally, due to being the 6th offering for the current gen systems. I found the 360 version to be pretty and FULL of potential, but as it is now, doesn't hold my interest for very long. This is due to the game being very shallow, on and off the field. Whereas the current gen, although in no way void of problems, has very few, and with sliders plays the best football since 2k5, NCAA 2004 and Madden 2003.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »