Home

East Coast Offense

This is a discussion on East Coast Offense within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 03:06 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
East Coast Offense

This is a playbook I created last year with NCAA 06.. I was using it with TCU, And Arkansas State last year. This year I am using it with San Diego State. If you have 2 solid RB's this playbook will work wonders. I call it The East Coast Offense. In my first season at TCU I had 2 RB's over 1200 yards. You can run the ball very well with this since you have a 3 man backfield alot. Passing is done mostly out of the gun. if you have RB's rated 80+ you can run this offense affectively. There isnt much passing done with it though. my offensive strategy is Run 70% Pass 30%.

EAST COAST OFFENSE
Maryland I Normal
Power I Normal
Power T Normal
Wishbone Normal
Pro Form Normal
Full House Normal
Flexbone Normal
Strong H pro
Weak H Pro
Pistol Slot
Shotgun Normal
Shotgun Spread

Let me know if your using this playbook. I wanna keep track of how many people are using my Offense. Either post it here or let me know on AIM. My AIM screen name is TheFranchiseJW
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 08:04 AM   #2
lav
Rookie

Re: East Coast Offense

I'm gonna give this a shot.

Thanks.
Old 07-20-2006, 10:18 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyHeat1983
This is a playbook I created last year with NCAA 06.. I was using it with TCU, And Arkansas State last year. This year I am using it with San Diego State. If you have 2 solid RB's this playbook will work wonders. I call it The East Coast Offense. In my first season at TCU I had 2 RB's over 1200 yards. You can run the ball very well with this since you have a 3 man backfield alot. Passing is done mostly out of the gun. if you have RB's rated 80+ you can run this offense affectively. There isnt much passing done with it though. my offensive strategy is Run 70% Pass 30%.

EAST COAST OFFENSE
Maryland I Normal
Power I Normal
Power T Normal
Wishbone Normal
Pro Form Normal
Full House Normal
Flexbone Normal
Strong H pro
Weak H Pro
Pistol Slot
Shotgun Normal
Shotgun Spread

Let me know if your using this playbook. I wanna keep track of how many people are using my Offense. Either post it here or let me know on AIM. My AIM screen name is TheFranchiseJW
The "East Coast Offense" in reality is the exact opposite of the "West Coast Offense" which tries to control the ball by using the short passing game. The east coast style relies on big plays to score, 4 vertical patterns, play-action deep balls, intermediate passing routes. Think Spurrier's Fun 'n Gun, the old Florida State Air Raid, etc.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:34 PM   #4
Rookie

I used East Coast as the name because i live on the east Coast. Alot of teams run the ball alot around where I live. Maryland I and Wing T are very popular offenses here. With the My East Coast Offense you can use the run to set up the long pass. I dont throw much but when I do I like to use my speed receivers to go down field. I throw the ball about 15 times a game. I still get decent yardage because of how I go down field with my passes. This is where the Shotgun formations come into play. Hope this helps.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:29 AM   #5
Rookie

SAN DIEGO STATE AZTECTS

VS

UTEP MINERS

RB #22: 15 Carries 138 Yards 1 TD
RB #37: 18 Carries 106 Yards 1 TD

I still got to find some better sliders so I can increase the quarter length. The game just went by really fast so I wasnt able to throw the ball even 10 times with how much I ran the ball. I threw for 60 Yards.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 12:28 AM   #6
Rookie

I'm working on a detailed guide to this offense. Along with the 2 RB's you should also look for a running QB. The option is a big part of this offense.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:46 AM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyHeat1983
I'm working on a detailed guide to this offense. Along with the 2 RB's you should also look for a running QB. The option is a big part of this offense.
I'm definitely going to try this out. I might impliment this offense with Temple, which is like a complete change from what they have...Will be a good challenge until I can get my own "system" guys in there...
Old 07-23-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

The more I think about this playbook, the more I like the idea....If you stick to the gameplan, this playbook works perfectly to the strengths of the game...You rely heavily on the run for your bread and butter, and most of your points. However, you also use the run to set up that big time passing play 2 or 3 times a game.

I'm going to try this out right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »