Home

Lets talk turnovers.

This is a discussion on Lets talk turnovers. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-20-2006, 11:36 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: Lets talk turnovers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver540i
Im throwing a realistic amount (5 through 5 games), but Im referring to the CPU throwing so many.
Try dropping your defensive awareness slider down about 10 points or so. It'll keep your defensive players from jumping too early on the ball for those picks. I prefer doing stuff like that rather than dropping the INT slider and watch guys drop easy picks.

I have seen more CPU ints from bad QBs this year. Its not just throwing into coverage. I've seen many due to bad accuracy.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:41 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Try dropping your defensive awareness slider down about 10 points or so. It'll keep your defensive players from jumping too early on the ball for those picks. I prefer doing stuff like that rather than dropping the INT slider and watch guys drop easy picks.

I have seen more CPU ints from bad QBs this year. Its not just throwing into coverage. I've seen many due to bad accuracy.
Will dropping defensive awareness hurt my players reaction to run plays or in other situations? I like that maybe my db's wouldn't jump as many passes, but I don't want to hurt myself in other areas.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #19
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime
Will dropping defensive awareness hurt my players reaction to run plays or in other situations? I like that maybe my db's wouldn't jump as many passes, but I don't want to hurt myself in other areas.
Yes it would hurt the run defense as well as LBs would be slower to flow to the ball. Its a balancing act. I do think though that the CPU running game needs a boost anyways. The defensive awareness deals with the instincts. You could probably decrease the CPU run block if you felt the defensive awareness was hurting your run defense too much.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #20
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime
I didn't seem to hurt the cpu run defense or my own too significantly when I did it. I was getting a ridiculous number of fumbles in my Washington dynasty, I know they're bad but I had ball carriers coughing up the ball four times a game on average, it was like clockwork. I also lowered the cpu tackling which seemed to cut out the fumbling. I've found this makes the overall game more balanced for me whether I'm using Washington or any other team.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:52 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I didn't seem to hurt the cpu run defense or my own too significantly when I did it. I was getting a ridiculous number of fumbles in my Washington dynasty, I know they're bad but I had ball carriers coughing up the ball four times a game on average, it was like clockwork. I also lowered the cpu tackling which seemed to cut out the fumbling. I've found this makes the overall game more balanced for me whether I'm using Washington or any other team.
Alright, so by dropping the def. awareness and the tackling I should be able to lower the number of turnovers. Thanks a lot for the advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2006, 11:53 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

I was playing a game earlier and Herbstrit said right before a play "I predict that the quarterback will throw an interception to the safety today" moments latter the safety intercepted the ball. Has anyone else seen prediction turnovers?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »