Home

Passing Advice (360)

This is a discussion on Passing Advice (360) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 12:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Passing Advice (360)

it seems like i am the only one having some trouble with the passing game. does anybody have any tips on better passing on the 360 version?

edit: also is there precision passing without using the cone?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 03:06 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Passing Advice (360)

It's not just you, i think many people have trouble passing the ball, including myself.

This may seem obvious, but it's the best advice i've got. Make sure you establish a solid rushing attack to make strides through the air. The development team did a nice job this year in making the passing game feed off that of the running game or vice versa.

Another tidbit, is to not gamble. If nothing is their take the sack and avoid the risking pass into double or triple coverage. Even in games where my passing game can't seem to get going, i can hang in their with solid defensive play.

Hope that helps, and don't worry that your struggling with the passing, it will come.
Old 07-21-2006, 03:35 AM   #3
Rookie

Nastrodamous's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrams2881
It's not just you, i think many people have trouble passing the ball, including myself.

This may seem obvious, but it's the best advice i've got. Make sure you establish a solid rushing attack to make strides through the air. The development team did a nice job this year in making the passing game feed off that of the running game or vice versa.

Another tidbit, is to not gamble. If nothing is their take the sack and avoid the risking pass into double or triple coverage. Even in games where my passing game can't seem to get going, i can hang in their with solid defensive play.

Hope that helps, and don't worry that your struggling with the passing, it will come.
idk i throw around 35 times a game and can average about 350 yards with penn state
Old 07-21-2006, 07:01 AM   #4
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I play on AA with default sliders and I'm having no trouble at all completing passes that I should be completing. The precision pass seems to work without the vision cone. I'm still able to throw the ball where I want to it seems. I think the passing is a lot more realistic this year. THe DB
s aren't superman anymore. Position really plays a key in completing passes. Of course you have to be standing flat footed with both feet on the ground to get good accurate throws. I threw an interception late in the game because I threw the ball off my back foot. The pass would have been completed otherwise because the receiver found a nice hole in the zone.
Old 07-21-2006, 08:54 AM   #5
Rookie

cheddabob7502's Arena

OVR: 3

PLUS controlling the reciever and catching it manually is ur best bet. I barely drop any wen I do this. Wen u let the cpu do it for you it drops the ball half the time...Now money plays don't work as well. You have to mix it up this year and make some good playcalling.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 09:18 AM   #6
Tebow is Chuck Norris

OVR: 18

Playing against a human opponent online you either have someone who plays good defense or idiots who pick bad plays. Just depends.

Tips, if you see 3WR pick Nickel or higher on D.
4 WR - Dime or higher
5 WR - Quarters.

Of course unless you are trying to blitz and think you can get to the QB before the pass gets off.

Just some very elementary simple stuff that alot of human opponents online are clueless.
Old 07-21-2006, 09:33 AM   #7
Rookie

MaXx's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrams2881
I definitely notice this way more than before, when i'm running the ball well the Play action passes work wonders, if I'm not running the ball well, play action passes result in sacks because the defense doesn't bite, works really well.
Old 07-21-2006, 02:51 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 0

I play on heisman and have no promblem passing the ball.I always get 250 plus im my dynasty and barely ever throw picks.The trick is that you have to pass the ball as if you were in the nfl are ncaa.You have to learn how to read coverages and thread the ball beetween passing using precision passing.You have to learn that precision passing is more than just throwing jump balls to your receiver.

There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »