Home

Dirty Disk

This is a discussion on Dirty Disk within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-21-2006, 05:16 PM   #1
Pro

quaziemoto3's Arena

OVR: 8
Dirty Disk

I am the new owner of an XBOX 360 (had it about two weeks). I am very upset about a problem that I am having with NCAA 07. Twice, during online play I have had a screen come up that says "Dirty DIsk, please clean the disk and restart your console." This has cost me two wins and a higher DNF percentage (I never quit games). I don't have this problem with COD which is the only other 360 game I own. Any advice? Is this a problem with the game or a problem with the system? Please help!
NBA: Lakers
NHL: Penguins
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

TJdaSportsGuy's Arena

OVR: 69
Re: Dirty Disk

Quote:
Originally Posted by asuhelms
I am the new owner of an XBOX 360 (had it about two weeks). I am very upset about a problem that I am having with NCAA 07. Twice, during online play I have had a screen come up that says "Dirty DIsk, please clean the disk and restart your console." This has cost me two wins and a higher DNF percentage (I never quit games). I don't have this problem with COD which is the only other 360 game I own. Any advice? Is this a problem with the game or a problem with the system? Please help!
Well, I was having that problem too...and only with EA Sports games. It happened to me with Madden and with NCAA. I finally gave in and called 800-4-MY-XBOX and enacted my warrantly....again.

I bought a new 360 from Wal-Mart (borrowed would be more like it) to hold me over, and it seems to be working fine. I'm thinking it's your system.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:45 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

It's not the system, it's the disc. I had the same problem. I tried the disc on a different 360 and had the same problem. I then exchanged my disc for a new one and I have not had one error.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:52 PM   #4
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

It's the disc/game. I just got my 360 back from repair, and played Oblivion, Condemned, MLB2k6, and Ghost Recon on it without a problem. I can't even complete a game of NCAA now. It freezes EVERYTIME online. I've completed 2 games offline, the rest resulting in a freeze.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:55 PM   #5
Living in this tube

Skerik's Arena

OVR: 35

It's the disc. I was having the same problem, after having zero unreadable disc problems on any other 360 game. I cleaned the disc, which seemed to temporarily fix the problem, but soon enough it was back. Exchanged the disc, and everything seems fine now. Exchange the disc and you should be good.

Last edited by Skerik; 07-21-2006 at 05:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 05:57 PM   #6
All Star

Holic's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerik
It's the disc. I was having the same problem, after having zero unreadable disc problems on any other 360 game. I cleaned the disc, which seemed to temporarily fix the problem, but soon enough it was back. Exchanged the disc, any everything seems fine now. Exchange the disc and you should be good.
Would do, but Wal-Mart here is sold out.
Old 07-21-2006, 05:59 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 10

I'm having this issue too. It IS NOT the disk. Maybe in some cases. If your getting it with MAdden 06 also then I believe it's your system. I've been through 3 copies of Madden and it doesn't fix the problem. And now it's happeneing with NCAA. There are other people with same problem with EA sports games on other forums and no one has an explanation which is why I'm hesitant to send in my 360.
Anyone with this problem gotten their 360 back after sending it in?? just wanna make sure they actually fix it.
Old 07-21-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 4

Same here for me. 3 dirty disk errors in 2 hours is too much for me...this disk is going back for exchange.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »