Home

LETS BE HONEST XBOX VERSUS 360 VERSION

This is a discussion on LETS BE HONEST XBOX VERSUS 360 VERSION within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #41
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: LETS BE HONEST XBOX VERSUS 360 VERSION

Quote:
Originally Posted by HokieMan
I'm going tomorrow based strictly on your final results to buy the 360 version. I will spend my hard earned $62 after hearing what you say is correct. I played the demo and it sucked at least on my TV, but I don't have HDTV so if the game is leaps and bounds above the current gen (I'm sure the finished version is better), then I hold your head to be hanged on here for misleading people. Hopefully I can rent it first, but it sounds like I'm missing out on the best football game ever having only the current gen.
If you didn't like the demo, don't waste your money on the full version. It plays exactly the same.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:25 PM   #42
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
If you didn't like the demo, don't waste your money on the full version. It plays exactly the same.
You can't be serious..
Old 07-21-2006, 11:27 PM   #43
All Star

MizzouRah's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgun
Sounds like someone else fell in love with the graphics moreso than the game.
I'd be lying if I told you it didn't WOW me, but it did and made it all that much better for me. Graphics aside, I like how.. even thought I'll agree on responsiveness.. the game plays differently than any version of NCAA in the past. The more I play it, the more things I like. I'm with you on how responsive controlling a player is on the ps2 vs the 360 version, but it's not something that makes me frown on the game one bit.

To each their own I guess. I do wonder why it really matters though? It's all personal preference and what one wants out of a football game.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:47 PM   #44
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You can't be serious..
Ban him and I'll be your friend.
Old 07-21-2006, 11:50 PM   #45
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I wanted the game that most played like football and tried both but it wasn't even close. The 360 version won out. If you liked NCAA 06 and wouldn't mind a similar type of game this year then the xbox version would probably do just fine. But the total package of gameplay and visuals on the 360 made it impossible for me to go back. There is no question that NCAA 07 on the original xbox is more of a tweaked edition of previous versions while on the 360 the game is an enhancement of football videogames period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-21-2006, 11:58 PM   #46
Banned

OVR: 1

360 version imo.

I love the new engine. Its less polished, sure. Its a year old and the Xbox one is about 87 years old. I love the animations, it seems much less like an arcade game, the juking system is better (no more dumb spin moves and unrealistic jukes), running the ball, etc. all seems more like real football to me. The passing can get annoying every now and then I suppose, there are a few flaws, but despite that I'd rather start playing the 360 version.

Maybe this year the versions are pretty close, but I'm sick of the old unrealistic EA football and I love the new direction its heading so I'll take a bad collision or a crazy cornerback here and there because this new version is showing me something.
Old 07-22-2006, 12:21 AM   #47
Pro

APD0290's Arena

OVR: 7

Scoman, when did you get your 360? Just wondering.
Old 07-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #48
MVP

Badgun's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
You can't be serious..
Yes I am serious. If you didn't like the unresponsive controls and the fact that both you and CPU can be back at the line in 2 seconds after a play, it hasn't changed in the full version. Those are the two issues that killed this game for me.

Do you really think that I wanted to play the Xbox version? I know how much better the 360 version looks. It absolutely burns me up that I still can't play a sports game on my 360? It's not like I decided to pick the game with the worst graphics and animations to play, hell I love how the 360 version looks and animates. The issues I have with the game are just too great for me to look past. It just feels too much like Madden 360 from last year. Not as bad, but the control feels very similar. This forced me to buy the Xbox version and was pleasantly surprised how much it had improved.

Last edited by Badgun; 07-22-2006 at 02:10 AM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »