Home

Is there any way to stop corner routes?

This is a discussion on Is there any way to stop corner routes? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-22-2006, 01:31 AM   #1
Rookie

Favre4435's Arena

OVR: 4
Is there any way to stop corner routes?

I get burned over and over and over and over and over and over and over by them online.. is there any defense that can stop these damn things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-22-2006, 01:52 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 3
Re: Is there any way to stop corner routes?

I picked one off by manually taking my MLB and waiting in the area the ball goes, but if he does the double corner route you're dead, or if he runs up the middle

the DBs are too late to react to the corner route even if the offense runs it every single play. So much for AI.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

COVER 3...stops it
Old 07-22-2006, 11:47 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchild19
COVER 3...stops it
Not in a million years.....The only cover 3 that gets close would be quarters defense, but then you leave the middle wide open and since everyone plays with a fast QB all he has to do is run up the middle for 5-10 yrds. per play.
Old 07-22-2006, 11:49 AM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Favre4435
I get burned over and over and over and over and over and over and over by them online.. is there any defense that can stop these damn things?
Get used to it....everyone does it on-line because it is the best type of passing play in the game and this year in the man cover 2 the safeties don't help over the top..... I try to use creative blitzs from the outside to hold the fast QB's in the pocket and force him to throw it earlier than he would like. If you can keep him in the pocket it makes it hardier to complete the corner route due to the angle, giving the DB a better chance to knock the ball down. If the QB breaks to the outside then you better hope your DB has a 99 spd rating to keep up with the WR.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »