Home

In-season recruiting

This is a discussion on In-season recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-23-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19
In-season recruiting

So I'm new to this in-season recruiting thing. I targeted some prospects at the beginning of the year and now I'm in week 7. Is there any way to target new guys or do I have to wait? And is there anything I should be doing with the points?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 09:40 AM   #2
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: In-season recruiting

Well to answer your first question. No you can't go after new guys fter you made you initial pick. I have a question for you. What team are you using and how many players did you select? I ask because me personally when I am using a big school, (USC, FSU, OSU ect.) I will pick between 7-10 players and adjust points acordingly. But when I take a smaller school. 3 stars orless. I use in-season recruiting to pick 4 or 5 guys that I can build my program around or to try to replace holes that will be harder to fill after the season.

I only go after 4 or 5 because I am able to give out between 20-25 points to each playe and I have a better chance of getting them to come toplay for me. That is what I usually do. Hope it helps you out some.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 07-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 4

Make sure you check every week and use all your points. Obviously add more points to those players whose interest is going up. You also get some clues on how to target the recruit during his visit.

As the other poster said, when playing a lower level team I use the in-season recruiting to target a 4 or 5-star player that might not otherwise choose my team. With a higher ranked team you may be able to lock up a couple of top players and then be able to take more of a gamble in the off-season.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:37 PM   #4
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Well to answer your first question. No you can't go after new guys fter you made you initial pick. I have a question for you. What team are you using and how many players did you select? I ask because me personally when I am using a big school, (USC, FSU, OSU ect.) I will pick between 7-10 players and adjust points acordingly. But when I take a smaller school. 3 stars orless. I use in-season recruiting to pick 4 or 5 guys that I can build my program around or to try to replace holes that will be harder to fill after the season.

I only go after 4 or 5 because I am able to give out between 20-25 points to each playe and I have a better chance of getting them to come toplay for me. That is what I usually do. Hope it helps you out some.
I'm using UCF and I targeted about 7 guys, but I guess the CPU targeted more since I had the assistance on and didnt know it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Make sure you check every week and use all your points. Obviously add more points to those players whose interest is going up. You also get some clues on how to target the recruit during his visit.

As the other poster said, when playing a lower level team I use the in-season recruiting to target a 4 or 5-star player that might not otherwise choose my team. With a higher ranked team you may be able to lock up a couple of top players and then be able to take more of a gamble in the off-season.
So when do you get more points?
Old 07-23-2006, 03:06 PM   #5
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Anaxamander, You get the same number of points every preseason 100. It is your points that you get after the season that change depending on your schools performance. I think that in the 360 version the most points you can get is 280. I say that because I went 14-0 won a national championship and that was all the points that I got.

You definatly want to turn off CPU assist (IMO) they bring in players other then your targets and sometime change the way you have already set up your point distibution.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-23-2006, 04:01 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

What happens in season is that some of your recruits drop out, so that leaves you with points to re-allocate (you can also reduce the number of points to some players who are still interested, but who's interest isnt going up).
Old 07-23-2006, 06:39 PM   #7
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

Thanks guys

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »