Home

The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

This is a discussion on The game blatantly cheats on Heisman within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-25-2006, 03:43 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The game blatantly cheats on Heisman

I have been playin on heisman every since the games release and so far my record against the cpu on this diffuculty is 17-11.I think the jump the snap is a good feuture and it add to the realism that some of yall beg for from EA.It works for me the way it should on both offense and defense.On O the only way I would get sacked alot is if I didnt change my snap count on every play.You cant snap the ball right after you get set because the D will pick this up And jump the snap each time.I mean it is called jump the snap,how else are you suppose to jump the snap.In my USC dynasty my LE has great games against teams with bad o-lines and o.k runs against great o-lines.Take today for example when I played arizona state,no matter how much I tryed to jump the snap my LE got owned even when I got a great jump sign in the corner.I ended that game with only 1 sack as oppsosed to previous teams which were aginst lesser teams where I would get atleast 2-3 sacks.

Also running I have no matter with the running game because I understand how to run the ball in real life.My best tip to you would be to not hold down turbo untill you see that hole(dont even touch it)use the juke to cutback to holes,follow your blocks,and always look for running lanes.You do this and you will have no promblems.

Also dont forget to change your snap count every play

Try all of the above and then you can comeback to this room and say that heisman cheats for YOU.
There is NOTHING HUMANLY POSSIBLE that YOU can do to STOP ME.That is WHY they call ME UNCOVERABLE #85
Old 07-25-2006, 07:01 AM   #18
MVP

BROman's Arena

OVR: 11

vc, good call on those cheats. the fumbles are ridiculous on heisman, too. i haven't had a game where i haven't fumbled it less than twice. 5 fumbles cost me a game i dominated vs ga tech, which i talked about in another thread, and then last night i have auburn vs miss st.. they had 95 total yards for the game and only got into my territory once, but they scored three touchdowns- 2 on fumble runbacks and one that was set up by a fumble inside my on 10 yard line, to make would should have been a blowout a closer game. and don't get me started on onside kicks- the cpu will find some way for you to kick the ball around till the kick team recovers it. it's cool losing straight up, but don't take it from me. other than that, i like the game.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:02 AM   #19
Pro

Scrapps's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
she's your random webcam girl.. found her through google
I really do need to spend more time on google.
Old 07-25-2006, 08:20 AM   #20
Pro

OVR: 6

in order to severely slow down the JTS, simply change up your snap counts. Use different snap copunts and the CPU won't jump the snap as much; its worked for me!
Old 07-25-2006, 08:22 AM   #21
Lie,cheat,steal,kill: Win

trobinson97's Arena

OVR: 44

Yeah, but doing that really causes a big increase on how many times you line will jump resulting in a penalty. I once had three straight false starts after the first fake snap using Playmaker's sliders.

SteamID - Depotboy

...2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2017, 2020....
What a run
Roll Tide

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #22
Pro

OVR: 6

I have played an entire season on Heisman and I am enjoying it to the max. I have not changed any sliders at all.

The CPU does cheat, but its HEISMAN LEVEL. You should expect it. I know that if I build up a 21-0 lead in the 1st Qtr, that the CPU will magically tie it up in the 2nd qtr by getting Ints and Fumbles. So, I just plan for the comeback and do things like protect the ball when running and making only safe passes. When you have a big lead, you can always tell when the CPU is going to score a TD because there is NOTHING your defense can do to stop them. My players will lay off the ball and watch as guys run past them. That is when I do crazy stuff like blitz with a guy that is supposed to be in double coverage or playing a zone defense. I throw the "cheese" back at the CPU when it does that crap.

Jump the snap isnt an issue. I just change up the snap count and realize that if I get too crazy with it, my guys will jump offsides.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:44 AM   #23
Think Different

onetonmartin's Arena

OVR: 9

agreed,

i was about 5 seconds away from making an angry rant when I (ND) lost a 14-0 lead and ended up losing to ARMY 48-21. The computer actually went as far as faking a punt on 4th and 9 with a 21 point lead!!

I wound up not saving the Dynasty game (something I usually refuse to do.. a loss is a loss) and played it over again the next day.

You HAVE TO go into ball control and clock eating mode. Stop calling plays where you run a chance of losing yards & DO NOT throw anywhere near multiple defenders.

There IS comeback AI and when you add momentum onto it, the game only seems more unreal.

Customize your audibles so that you can call a conservative pass play and have a dive as an audible in the same formation as an option. Use the dive play (switch directions if you have to) when the cpu looks like they won't be bringing it.

Just make a slow march down the field and use up all of the time... kinda like a 3 yards and a cloud of dust approach. Then mix in a suprise here and there. You'll end up winning a lot more games and momentum won't get out of control.

& 1 more theng.. cover the ball.

Last edited by onetonmartin; 07-25-2006 at 10:48 AM.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:15 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
she's your random webcam girl.. found her through google
Dude, should of lied and said it was your gf. Nobody would of known the difference and you'd be the man.

And I'm glad I'm not the only one having a hardtime with Heisman. I never seem to able to stop the pass. I'll even have 2 defenders around the WR and he'll still come up with it.

What players are you guys controlling that aren't having problems in Heisman? I usually control a linesman and try to get a sack and let the cpu control everyone else.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »