Home

Hardest Team To Rebuild?

This is a discussion on Hardest Team To Rebuild? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Hardest Team To Rebuild?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdgoalie37
Good question - the better is why are they even 1-A. I can't play with them because they show the Linc with 60,000+ rabid fans. They usually draw less than 5,000. They drew slightly higher recently just because people wanted to check out the Linc and Eagles tix are hard to come by.
sorry for being off topic but....

That is my only gripe with this game so far....in previous versions, stadium attendance was based on prestige, ranking, and wins. You could see the empty seats at games.

This year, every stadium looks full no matter what. The only way you know that it is not full is by looking at your average attendance and by how loud the stadium is....why did they have to change that?

maybe just an oversight (there is always 1 in every game)
Old 07-26-2006, 11:23 AM   #34
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I would assume that you can. I know that after my first year of my dynasty I got some job offers. I also know that they have contracts and goals to complete so, while I don't know for sure I would make that assumption.
thanks...haven't made it to my first offseason yet, so wasn't sure if that was there...will make it fun when I do my 2nd dynasty as a lower level team to move to a big school
Old 07-26-2006, 11:29 AM   #35
Rookie

MattCoz's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue
can you get fired on 360 or is that just prior-gen versions?
Yes, I've been fired a few times already. It seems to me that the ADs are even more trigger happy than previous versions. No way a coach at Illinois gets fired after going 9-4 and winning a bowl game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 11:35 AM   #36
Go Wings!

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoz
Yes, I've been fired a few times already. It seems to me that the ADs are even more trigger happy than previous versions. No way a coach at Illinois gets fired after going 9-4 and winning a bowl game.
yeah, really...that's a stellar year for Illinois, especially to build on and move up to the elite of the Big 10...i wouldn't fire you for that
Old 07-26-2006, 01:08 PM   #37
Rookie

audiecu's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMIHEMMY
sorry for being off topic but....

That is my only gripe with this game so far....in previous versions, stadium attendance was based on prestige, ranking, and wins. You could see the empty seats at games.

This year, every stadium looks full no matter what. The only way you know that it is not full is by looking at your average attendance and by how loud the stadium is....why did they have to change that?

maybe just an oversight (there is always 1 in every game)
I agree on this, I have the xbox version and the previous years you can see the empty seats, also during blowout games the fans leave after 3rd Qtr.? But not this year, they love seeing their team getting creamed.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMIHEMMY
Why not Temple? They are D1 Independent, so no BCS tie-in, compete with Penn St, and Pitt for in-state recruits, Ohio St, Maryland, WVU, for border state recruits, and are ranked 119 - dead last when you start a dynasty....
That may be true but they can get competitive because they have great recruiting bases in PA and NJ to get players from. If you schedeul a semi decent schedule (with some other cupcakes), you may get at least 4-5 wins there. Plus if you start winning, The Linc will start filling up. Plus if successful enough, you may get a conference invite, which would help out even more.

As far as why Temple scheduled their Homecoming against Miami? Attendence, IMO. Might as well schedule HC in front of the largest crowd of the year.
Old 07-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by tico brown
That may be true but they can get competitive because they have great recruiting bases in PA and NJ to get players from. If you schedeul a semi decent schedule (with some other cupcakes), you may get at least 4-5 wins there. Plus if you start winning, The Linc will start filling up. Plus if successful enough, you may get a conference invite, which would help out even more.
Scheduling cupcakes using any team would make it easier for them....
Starting at 119, * prestige, no conference, no BCS tie-in, no TV unless playing against a top 50 team will keep recruiting tough for a while......
Old 07-26-2006, 04:53 PM   #40
Banned

Kentucky3D's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWGS
so true, I was thinking Baylor or Kentucky, someone like that in a big time BCS conference where you have to play the Texas, Oklahomas, Floridas and Auburns etc.
Ya Baylor is probably even harder than Kentucky since their ratings are worse and they dont get to play Vandy and Miss. State every year (instead their easiest annual conference game is against Oklahoma State). If they were in the Big 12 North it would be totally different since that is by far the weakest BCS conference (Big 12 needs a major re-alignment).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »