Home

Freezing problem on the 360: poll

This is a discussion on Freezing problem on the 360: poll within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Which problems are you having? (multiple choices allowed)
Dirty Disk Errors in-game 74 23.42%
Dirty Disk Errors in menu/rosters 22 6.96%
Freezing (no DDE message) in-game 77 24.37%
Freezing (no DDE message) in the rosters/menus 23 7.28%
No freezing/DDE problems 164 51.90%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2006, 03:06 PM   #25
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Freezing problem on the 360: poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
I think spectralfan is on to something about the manufacturing costs of the console. I doubt Sony wil be replacing the ps3 in the same manner that they did the with ps2. If MS had to replace every defective unit with a new one it would be disaster, they already lose a pretty good bit of money on every unit. I believe it is much more than they lost on the original xbox or what sony lost on the ps2 when both systems first came out.
Well, when the original Xbox came out, it was widely reported that they were losing 100 bucks per unit. They're losing around that with the 360 give or take some. I guess what I'm really trying to get at is that maybe they should be offering longer than a 90-day warranty out of the box. I know that places like EB offer longer warranties, but I think with the money that consumers spend on these things at launch, they should have warranties that won't completely discourage said consumers.

MS should not be taking an arrogant approach with people either. They are the ones trying to overtake Sony, not the other way around. I'm loyal, but only to a point. This isn't banking or a cell phone plan, to switch systems is a simple procedure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM   #26
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11

bumping this up so we get more info
Old 07-26-2006, 09:35 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 2

I've had 2 DDEs while I was editing rosters (fortunately, I save frequently) and got my first one while playing offline (don't have XBL) last night. About 2minutes to go in the 3rd, had just run a draw play, my RB gets up, tosses the ball, and then DDE message...

Was playing tonight to see if it was going to be a reoccuring thing, but I quit after the 1st, as the CPU was beating my a$$ and I was getting seriously pi$$ed!!! I'm sure I'll play again tho, so we'll see. And based on other people's posts, I'm not too optimistic that I won't encounter this again.

Incidentally, I have about 15 games for the 360 and the only ones I have received the DDE message are NCAA and FIFA World Cup and that happens about every 10 matches or so.

Fortunately, even with the NCAA DDE, my 360 is still working fine and I'm able to play my other games. If it does crap out on me, I did buy the Best Buy extended warranty, so at least I won't be out any cash.

And my 360 Mfr. date is 12/15/05
Old 07-26-2006, 09:57 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 1
Angry Re: Freezing problem on the 360: poll

I've tried 2 discs - both lock up. The first one, only bought yesterday, would lock up after the kickoff every game I tried (6). The disc I replaced it with today locks up sometime within the first quarter (all 3 games I tried). It's the ONLY game I have that I have any problems with. I've called EA and Microsoft today. The both of course blame each other. Microsoft refered me to this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916110/en-us I did try Madden, NFS, Table Tennis and Tomb Raider after NCAA gave me problems and all those games run without an issue. It's begining to look like no NCAA this year for me.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:53 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crgnjul
I've tried 2 discs - both lock up. The first one, only bought yesterday, would lock up after the kickoff every game I tried (6). The disc I replaced it with today locks up sometime within the first quarter (all 3 games I tried). It's the ONLY game I have that I have any problems with. I've called EA and Microsoft today. The both of course blame each other. Microsoft refered me to this site http://support.microsoft.com/kb/916110/en-us I did try Madden, NFS, Table Tennis and Tomb Raider after NCAA gave me problems and all those games run without an issue. It's begining to look like no NCAA this year for me.
It's becuase you gave Microsoft Baseball a crap review on this very site in 1998.

Anyway, MS support was good to me. My original xbox was a launch console and I got the DDE of death and yet 3 years after, it was still 'in warranty' and fixed with no problems.

I hate to jinx myself, but so far so good here. I am glad I bought that Extended Warranty from Gamestop though just in case .
Former Operation Sports Co-Owner, Circa 1998. :)
Damn that was a long time ago.
Old 07-26-2006, 10:55 PM   #30
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

Okay this thread has officialy scared the crap out of me.

Manufacture date 03-01-06.

About 5-10 freezes with MLB 2K6 before patch. All my other games no problems.

NCAA 2007 3-4 DDE's and about 4-5 in game freezes, mostly during practice mode or mini games.

Got my game on release day and it's been more than 7 days. Does anyone know if gamestop will still replace it?

I also forgot to mention I got alot of freezes with the NCAA demo. I did erase that off the hard drive.
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 PM   #31
Rookie

Don't know my manufacture date and i"m not going behind my 360 to find out.

I bought it in December 2005.

Zero problems. It does run hot. As in it can heat my reviewing office just by leaving it on, but no DDE's or crashes that I've seen.
Former Operation Sports Co-Owner, Circa 1998. :)
Damn that was a long time ago.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-26-2006, 11:18 PM   #32
Rookie

OVR: 6

No DDEs or freezing up yet on mine. I did have one game where during the last 2 minutes or so of the game none of my controller buttons worked. The game was still running but players were standing around and I couldn't get out of it. It only fixed itself when the play clock ran out. It's only happened during that one instance and I've had perfect games since then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »