Home

In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ?

This is a discussion on In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2006, 08:05 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ?

I'm in the first year of my Southern Miss dynasty and I've already locked up 4 4-star guys in early recruiting. I have an OL, FS, WR, and a CB. I have one more that it'll go down to the wire. I'm currently neck with Texas for another 4-star WR. He's visiting in my last home game which is my next game. If I don't lock him up then, I guess I won't get him because he visits Texas and Miami afterwards. Both our interest meters are fulll so it'll be interesting. I know i'll get screwed. Last year, i'd be lucky to get 1 or 2 to committ early. This year I could have 5. It's exciting.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 08:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon14 Re: In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ?

I actually managed to get 2 4-star and 1 3-star in season playing as UAB. I had a pretty solid offseason recruiting session, too, nabbing 19 recruits and having the 28th best recruiting class. I know that's not earth shattering but I feel like it's pretty good for a program like UAB.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:12 AM   #3
MVP

Rainey's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: In-Season Recruiting: Who did you get to committ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
I'm in the first year of my Southern Miss dynasty and I've already locked up 4 4-star guys in early recruiting. I have an OL, FS, WR, and a CB. I have one more that it'll go down to the wire. I'm currently neck with Texas for another 4-star WR. He's visiting in my last home game which is my next game. If I don't lock him up then, I guess I won't get him because he visits Texas and Miami afterwards. Both our interest meters are fulll so it'll be interesting. I know i'll get screwed. Last year, i'd be lucky to get 1 or 2 to committ early. This year I could have 5. It's exciting.

Even though Southern Miss is only rated a B- in the game, they are a very good team to play with due to the FB and a ball hawking defense. I love them and am currently at the beginning of my third season.

I have had good luck recruiting with the Golden Eagles as well... If you stick to the 4* guys in MS and go after a few in Alabama and a few other of our pipeline states you can really pick up some decent talent.

Recruiting is so much more fun this year. Now you celebrate after getting a 5* prospect... ( I seriously, pumped my fist and yelled yeah). Last year... you could have an abundance of 5* guys every season.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:23 AM   #4
Rookie

audiecu's Arena

OVR: 2

Since I play as Clemson...I created couple of players that committed for our '07 recruiting class. I had Willy Korn 5-star QB, and Marcus Gilchrist a 4-star CB. I had both them commit. My total commitment for my first season so though was 15 5-stars and 7 4-stars. I won the National Championship that previous year and went undefeated....I know that's alot! I play on Xbox.

I'm sure it will be harder to do this on Xbox 360...atleast so I heard about how challenging is on the 360.

Last edited by audiecu; 07-27-2006 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:43 AM   #5
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
keep us posted..
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-27-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Rookie

OthaWize's Arena

OVR: 5

I am my second year after a 9-4 season (including bowl win)with the Terps I am doing pretty well. I only targeted 7 recruits and have a good shot with them all. My game coming up this week. I got visits from a 5* RB, a 4* WR and 4* DT, if I land them three and land one of the FBs and the other 3* DT that I am targeting. I pretty much would have filled my positions of need and can just add depth in the off seaon recruiting.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:26 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 7

First Year with Syracuse I locked in a 5 - Star MLB and 4 - star DT. I had a 4 - star TE and 3 Star DT in my grasp but the decided to go to Texas and Oklahoma, respectivly. I thought I had them too.
Old 07-27-2006, 09:36 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

3rd year with Idaho and I suck at recruiting. 5 and 4 stars laugh at me. Even in my own state...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »