Home

This game made me REALLY angry for the first time.

This is a discussion on This game made me REALLY angry for the first time. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 02:12 AM   #9
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: This game made me REALLY angry for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopoop
If you can take a loss, then why did you replay the first game of the season that you lost, over again until you won?

Don't bother quoting this post because I don't think there's a real answer to that question.
What? I don't even know if understand your question.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:15 AM   #10
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnon39
What? I don't even know if understand your question.
If you can take a loss, why did you keep replaying the first game you lost until you won?
Old 07-31-2006, 02:16 AM   #11
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
If you can take a loss, then why did you replay the first game of the season that you lost, over again until you won?

Don't bother quoting this post because I don't think there's a real answer to that question. I hope the BCS dicks you out of your potential NC since there's no way you're going to let it any of the remaining teams on your schedule (besides USC) beat you.
If that happens I'll just keep resetting it until a #1 or #2 team loses, therefore letting me into the national championship, LOL. Just kidding by the way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 02:18 AM   #12
Windy City Sports Fan

Gagnon39's Arena

Quote:
If you can take a loss, why did you keep replaying the first game you lost until you won?
Because the way that I lost was completey rediculous and undeniably unrealistic. If Stanford's quarterback goes 25 for 28 (or whatever he was) and throws for over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns this year against Notre Dame I'd be quite shocked, call me crazy.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:33 AM   #13
MVP

poopoop's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Because the way that I lost was completey rediculous and undeniably unrealistic. If Stanford's quarterback goes 25 for 28 (or whatever he was) and throws for over 400 yards and 5 touchdowns this year against Notre Dame I'd be quite shocked, call me crazy.

If you were matching them score for score you should've established the run game, and used short passes to limit their possesions and eat up clock. You have one of the best offenses on the game so you should be dictating what goes on the majority of the time. If you aren't thats on you, since you're the one calling the plays. ND's defense isn't that good so I'm not really suprised that Stanford managed to put up points. Play to your strengths. And a few more questions:

1) I play as Purdue and blew out ND at home in year one. I caught fire early and murdered them. Should I restart my dynasty since "RARELY, if ever would a team like Purdue come into Notre Dame and completely, and I mean COMPLETELY dominate."

2) What the hell is a unrealistic/realistic loss? And do you restart and replay games until you lose if you feel like you got a unrealistic win?

3) If Stanford manages to beat Notre Dame in real life this season will you harass Stanfords Athletic Department into giving the Irish a rematch?

Last edited by poopoop; 07-31-2006 at 02:41 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:38 AM   #14
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
If you were matching them score for score you should've established the run game, and used short passes to limit their possesions and eat up clock. You have one of the best offenses on the game so you should be dictating the what goes on the majority of the time. If you aren't thats on you, since you're the one calling the plays. ND's defense isn't that good so I'm not really suprised that Stanford managed to put up points. Play to your strengths. And a few more questions:

1) I play as Purdue and blew out ND at home in year one. I caught fire early and murdered them. Should I restart my dynasty since "RARELY, if ever would a team like Purdue come into Notre Dame and completely, and I mean COMPLETELY dominate."

2) What the hell is a unrealistic/realistic loss? And do you restart and replay games until you lose if you feel like you got a unrealistic win?

3) If Stanford manages to beat Notre Dame in real life this season will you harass Stanfords Athletic Department into giving the Irish a rematch?
LMAO... Great stuff man. I was going to ask some similar questions to the OP. When I read the OP's original post, all that came to my mind was watching my 12-yr old cousin playing the game.

To each his own though.

Last edited by RGmoney; 07-31-2006 at 02:58 AM.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:28 AM   #15
MVP

LetsGo0akland's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Just finished the game and I was off by 10 points. I won 38-10, not 48-10. And come on, why is everyone flaming me? My gosh. I can DEFINATELY take a loss. In fact I like losing on football games (believe it or not) but just not when its totally unrealistic. I just wish I had the whole game to play for you guys. It was LITERALLY every 3rd down = automatic conversion. 3rd and 20, 3rd and 30, it didn't matter. The CPU was absolutely perfect in every way. I agree that a team can upset another but RARELY, if ever would a team like Stanford come into Notre Dame and completely, and I mean COMPLETELY dominate. Teams usually win upsets by having a few key turnovers resulting in points and by playing sound defensively. During this game it was a complete shootout and the CPU could not be stopped. I honestly don't think I stopped a single drive the entire game.
Unrealistic? As determined by who?

Last November, Arizona killed UCLA 52-14 at home, when the Bruins were ranked seventh, I believe. Mike Bell rushed for over 150 yards. Gilbert Harris added 113.

If that were a game you were playing, you would have resetted it, and chalked it up to the game being "unrealistic."

You were getting you *** handed to you, plain and simple. It happens. Get over it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 04:45 AM   #16
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
If you were matching them score for score you should've established the run game, and used short passes to limit their possesions and eat up clock. You have one of the best offenses on the game so you should be dictating what goes on the majority of the time. If you aren't thats on you, since you're the one calling the plays. ND's defense isn't that good so I'm not really suprised that Stanford managed to put up points. Play to your strengths. And a few more questions:

Wow. Just wow. That is the post of the month. Nothing can be added or subtracted to make this rebuttal any better.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »