Home

I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami!

This is a discussion on I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 03:58 PM   #1
MVP

VanillaGorilla's Arena

OVR: 9
I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami!

The following game was played on HEISMAN difficulty.

So, I'm playing in Year 3 of my Hokies dynasty, and I'm trailing @ 8-1 Miami 14-6 at halftime. I received the second half kickoff, and FUMBLE! Miami recovers, and I hold them to a field goal. 17-6, full momentum in Miami's favor. The kick off, and wouldn't you know it, but FUMBLE! Miami recovers AGAIN, 2 plays later, it's 24-6, and the crowd is going nuts. I think "Great, I'm screwed", since Momentum is now kicking my ***.

Well, I decided to send pressure from my nickel and dime backs, and manually control my linebackers, and wouldn't you know it, after 4 Miami third quarter possessions, in which they go punt, fumble (I recovered), punt, INT, I get the game to 24-22. I end up scoring again, to make it 28-24, and, late in the 4th, I am about to hit a field goal to make it 31-24, but I completely botch it, and miss. The next play, I comitt to the run on a play action pass, and give up a 80 yard TD pass.....

31-28 Miami, all the momentum in their favor. I drive down the field late in the game, and tie it with a field goal with 32 seconds left. Momentum still with the Canes. Well, 15 seconds left, their QB throws his 4th INT of the game, thanks to some nice pass rush, and I end up kicking a game winning 50 yard field goal!

I conquered the Momentum System. I conquered the Hurricanes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 04:03 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami!

The reason you won is because you kept playing and didnt cry "FU this is BS, I H8 MOMENTUM!!1" while turning off the game. .

Good job. Sounds like fun.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: I just proved that Momentum isn't a game killer, came back from 18 down @ Miami!

LOL, yea, comebacks happen all the time. I have had them done vs me :-(
Old 07-31-2006, 04:19 PM   #4
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saqs
The reason you won is because you kept playing and didnt cry "FU this is BS, I H8 MOMENTUM!!1" while turning off the game. .

Good job. Sounds like fun.
Yeah, I had a few of those times where I just turned the game off I got so pissed.

Then the other night I was down 24-3 to Oklahoma as Texas. I decided to let the game run its course. I scored a touchdown right before half-time to cut the lead to 24-10. At the start of the second half their momentum was only +2. I ended up dominating the second half and pulled a 31-24 victory out.

I just focused on sticking to my gameplan instead of going for the big play and it seemed to work well.
Old 07-31-2006, 04:26 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 17

I had a similar game as ND vs UCLA, but it wasn't quite the same because we were at home. But yeah, Quinn had 4 int's, and we were down 21 pts at the start of the 4th. Had a chance to tie it with :53 left with a field goal, and missed it wide from about 29 yds. A pure choke job! Nonetheless, we managed to stop them 3 and out and got the ball back with 20 seconds or so, couple big plays, and ended up throwing a GW TD pass to Samardjiza with 5 sec left
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 05:02 PM   #6
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

the fumbles are the problem nothing against the mom meter. LOL you the mention fumble like 2-3 times in your post.
Old 07-31-2006, 05:37 PM   #7
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

I was down 17-0 to Cal using Stanford and came all the way back to win 24-17 on Heisman, it was a fantastic game. My defense stepped up in the latter half of the second quarter and I just chipped away at the lead from there on out and to my surprise swing the momentum meter all the way back to me and dominated the second half. Surprisingly, I held Marshawn Lynch to 62 yards on 31 carries. I was hating the momentum meter earlier but it's been much better these past few games I've played, it could just be that I'm getting better and in effect counteracting the AI's momentum boost.
Old 07-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

I Was down 14-0 and 21-7 against Notre Dame (I'm Michinga) and I ended up winning BIG on Heisman. Final was 56-28.

You CAN comeback, I have done it a few times, especially in close games.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »