Home

Connection Issues (Brilliant minds needed!!)

This is a discussion on Connection Issues (Brilliant minds needed!!) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2006, 08:24 PM   #1
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

OVR: 10
Connection Issues (Brilliant minds needed!!)

Hey all. Two guys in my league are having connection issues as such:

*Guy #1 cannot connect to the EA servers at all. Now he plays Fight Night, Battlefield,etc as far as EA games online but this game has not let him on their servers for NCAA Football.

*Guy #2 can get in a game, but only get about 2-3 minutes in before the game drops him. He has a "moderate" port setting so that should be fine, but cannot play anone longer than this time legnth thus far.

Me, I have no problems whatsoever playing. But, these are guys who play in the league and I am looking out for them and the league.

So, if there are any wisemen/women out there, lend me your knowledge. EA help, lol, well that is non-existant. They cycle the guys through the same ole first level idiots the same time that are no help - HUGE problem with EA (Whereas I have found MS's XBox people to be great).

Thanks for any help rendered!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #2
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

Re: Connection Issues (Brilliant minds needed!!)

This is for the 360
Old 07-31-2006, 10:37 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4

I know that I have been getting dropped from a lot of games or having lag. I have cable internet and have found out that DSL is a lot better for gaming. To bad I can't get DSL where I'm at. Could be a problem with his router.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:19 PM   #4
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

My Roadrunner (cable) works great, but this issue with these two guys goes deeper, beyond connection speed.

I have heard there are cures, just trying to find them. Once again EA didn't solve the issue themselves today.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Twitch/YouTube: Fiddy14

Fiddy's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskinz
I know that I have been getting dropped from a lot of games or having lag. I have cable internet and have found out that DSL is a lot better for gaming. To bad I can't get DSL where I'm at. Could be a problem with his router.
wha wha whaat? i had dsl for 3 years and it was great for one year for gaming and then 2 years of being terrible!!

cable net finally came to where i'm at and its been so much faster its not even funny!!
http://www.youtube.com/@Fiddy14

Favorite Teams
Pittsburgh Penguins
New York Mets
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Browns
Notre Dame Fightin Irish
Liverpool FC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #6
Banned

OVR: 2

Are they behind a router and if so what type? Have they put their 360's in the DMZ?

I was using the D-Link model 524 and couldn't play people who were using a certain model Linksys. It didn't matter what I did, we could not connect. Another buddy of mine was using the same router as I and he couldn't connect with the Linksys folks either.

Have them try connecting strait through their modem and see if that helps. If so, and they're behind a router then the problem is caused somewhere in that router.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:33 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
wha wha whaat? i had dsl for 3 years and it was great for one year for gaming and then 2 years of being terrible!!

cable net finally came to where i'm at and its been so much faster its not even funny!!
I'm not a "brilliant mind" concerning internet connections but I have been reading that cable has it's ups and downs. During peek hours you get bad download speeds. I am paying $45 a month( Ihate having to pay that much) and can only get cable. I do a speed test and always have good results. The only game Ihhave had problems with is NCAA though. How much do you pay? And what are your speeds? I know that I am getting about 3 megs or close and still having problems with NCAA.
Old 08-01-2006, 09:13 AM   #8
Pro

CAJUN COMMISH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRBoom
Are they behind a router and if so what type? Have they put their 360's in the DMZ?

I was using the D-Link model 524 and couldn't play people who were using a certain model Linksys. It didn't matter what I did, we could not connect. Another buddy of mine was using the same router as I and he couldn't connect with the Linksys folks either.

Have them try connecting strait through their modem and see if that helps. If so, and they're behind a router then the problem is caused somewhere in that router.

Thanks Boom, that is what I am looking for here for at least Guy #2. The #1 guy simply can't connect to EA's servers for this game at all. Guy #2 is pretty crafty when it comes to this stuff, but I will see if this helps him at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »