Home

Foxsports.com..............NCAA (DT Linder) LOL

This is a discussion on Foxsports.com..............NCAA (DT Linder) LOL within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 02:56 PM   #25
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Foxsports.com..............NCAA (DT Linder) LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay_OS
A) Nobody accused you of stealing anyone's rosters. I just found it amusing that you somehow justified and put DT on a pedistal like he one of the founding fathers and called FK a disciple.

B) I then pointed out the fact that you are using FK's work (who is only a disciple) to spread your name accross the boards.

Nobody said you were profitting. Nobody said you were stealing. If you want to be over dramatic (see your PM that you sent me)... by all means continue.

And finally, excusing what DT did because people in the world have cheated on their spouses and shoplifted is the most ridiculous thing I have read on this board in years. What the hell does that have to do with anything? You're contradicting your own argument.
No, I didn't mean that DT is excused because of what other people did---some people that love to call him off all the time are really hypocrites because they have done even worse deads in their life. Maybe its my upbringing to try to avoid being a hypocrite and be forgiving to your fellow man, no man was created an angel after all. But realize that the more you people trash (maybe rightfully) DT, the more sympathy he will get from the people who don't know the whole story. In the end, more people will choose DT which is just the opposite of your goal. To get your message across tell people about what he did and not what a scum of a human being he is. Seems more effective to me.

As for using FK's rosters instead of DT's--FK's just looked better without the CAP's and unecessary roster edits. Just because I don't believe people should hammer DT rather than critcize him means that I like his rosters. And I put in 40+ hours editing and improving rosters so I think I have a "right" to speak about this issue without having my integrity questioned.

On a side note, I'm just looking at gamefaqs and DT created a thread that bascially falsely implicates FK (a complete troll thread). I guess DT HAS lost a lot of prestige, which is really sad because i used to love his rosters before FK's came along. DT should just apologize for his screwup and negligence and give everyone a solid reason to let this BS go and let people choose which rostes they like best.

PS: FK did "work" for DT and then started his own "biz". In politics/business/everywhere, FK would be considered a "disciple" of FK wheter you like the description or not and regardless if FK is more morally sound and and better at creating the product.

Last edited by redxiiixi; 08-02-2006 at 02:59 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 03:09 PM   #26
Legend

Shaver's Arena

OVR: 27

First off, so you're not mistaken... you have no "rights" here.

Second, no one is vilifying DT to promote FK. I don't care whose rosters people use. Hell, if I were going to promote rosters, it would be the OS Community Roster Project because it just shows, once again, why this is the #1 gaming community on the 'net. Bar none.

Maybe DT was the "victim" of "someone else" stealing Fk's work. But if DT would have just been man enough to admit the truth, I think people would be very quick to forgive. Instead he tries to play the victim and to further promote this internet persona that he has spent years trying to build. Poor guy who can't get a summer job because of his dedication to the cause. **** him! Dude clears thousands and thousands of dollars every year on rosters. And the fact that he did it on other people's work EVER... loses any chance at credibilty.

Check out my BLOG - Remodeling Clay

Follow me on Twitter: @RemodelingClay
Old 08-02-2006, 03:19 PM   #27
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

Quote:
First off, so you're not mistaken... you have no "rights" here.
I'm still not understanding why you find it necessary to be rude to me because I disagree with you, do you have some problem with me personally? Funny how the mods remind people to not attack posters and you are clearly contradicting those statements for whatever reason. I respect you for putting in thousands of hours into this site every year (hell maybe hundreds of thousands) but you are being disrespectful to me for the hard work I have done so people on OS can enjoy NCAA 07 a little better. With that attitude no one should post anything on this site.

Quote:
Maybe DT was the "victim" of "someone else" stealing Fk's work. But if DT would have just been man enough to admit the truth, I think people would be very quick to forgive. Instead he tries to play the victim and to further promote this internet persona that he has spent years trying to build. Poor guy who can't get a summer job because of his dedication to the cause. **** him! Dude clears thousands and thousands of dollars every year on rosters. And the fact that he did it on other people's work EVER... loses any chance at credibilty.
I completely agree that he is a fool for not clearing this issue up and apologizing to FK. The problem is there is obviously VERY bad blood between DK and FK even before the roster stealing probably from their falling out. It seems like they release rosters early to spite the other and then DT goes around making up stories and trying to discredit FK.

Maybe next year everyone at OS should do a community roster for the 360/PS3 like the XBoxer's did a great job at. We might get the rosters a few days later than normal but at least we wouldn't have to worry about flame wars and accusations cluttering the board. This is kind of getting out of hand and ruins the spirit of doing rosters for enjoyment of yourself and others. The OS community rosters project is the perfect example of how rosters are meant to be created.

Last edited by redxiiixi; 08-02-2006 at 03:25 PM.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:22 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 6

Why is it that so many of you seem to be more bitter than FK about the stealing of his rosters? Its been a year, let it go. Everyone in these forums know how you feel, you've made your point numerous times. You've changed some peoples minds on DT, and others like me still are going to use his rosters because we just flat out like them more.

Good for DT for getting some credit. It's too bad the rest of the people who make the rosters didn't get an interview too, because they all deserve it with all of the hard work and time they put into these rosters.
Old 08-02-2006, 03:36 PM   #29
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:
I'm still not understanding why you find it necessary to be rude to me because I disagree with you, do you have some problem with me personally? Funny how the mods remind people to not attack posters and you are clearly contradicting those statements for whatever reason. I respect you for putting in thousands of hours into this site every year (hell maybe hundreds of thousands) but you are being disrespectful to me for the hard work I have done so people on OS can enjoy NCAA 07 a little better. With that attitude no one should post anything on this site.
Please don't flatter yourself... and...more importantly... please stop embarassing yourself by making this all about you and over estimating the worth of your opinion. I never told you not to post. I never told you not to do anything. Stop playing the victim here. If you want to discuss the topic at hand... please feel free. However, I am not responsible for your perception that my opinions are "rude" toward you.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #30
Legend

Shaver's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime
Why is it that so many of you seem to be more bitter than FK about the stealing of his rosters? Its been a year, let it go. Everyone in these forums know how you feel, you've made your point numerous times. You've changed some peoples minds on DT, and others like me still are going to use his rosters because we just flat out like them more.

Good for DT for getting some credit. It's too bad the rest of the people who make the rosters didn't get an interview too, because they all deserve it with all of the hard work and time they put into these rosters.
It's OS' policy to not promote illegal or pirated wares or other similar products. What DT did in the past, falls under that header. Nobody is being bitter for FK. He's his own man. My issue with DT has to do with this site and only this site. He's not the first or the last internet pied piper.

Old 08-02-2006, 03:40 PM   #31
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayshime

the only reason why DT got the credit he was, I believe he has been doing it longer, I remember his name being out there in past years more then anyone else I remember, thats most likely why he got that interview, or maybe he knew someone who knew the guy who interviewed him....I still confused, if DT had his out on game release day, who did he steal these from....Anyone the crook got he fame for one interview, oh well the sun shines on a dog A** somedays I guess.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2006, 03:48 PM   #32
MVP

redxiiixi's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootballForever
the only reason why DT got the credit he was, I believe he has been doing it longer, I remember his name being out there in past years more then anyone else I remember, thats most likely why he got that interview, or maybe he knew someone who knew the guy who interviewed him....I still confused, if DT had his out on game release day, who did he steal these from....Anyone the crook got he fame for one interview, oh well the sun shines on a dog A** somedays I guess.
According to DT, he himself did not steal the rosters, someone working for him did. Still don't understand why he didn't let go of him and apologize for it.

Also DT had alot of public rep well before FK became known and lets face it who at foxsports knows about the incident?

And DT did not steal the 360 rosters. And despite the bogus claims DT has made, FK has not stolen DT's rosters. Really pissed me off to read that BS after I defended him. After reading that my opinion has dropped on DT, really, really sad.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »