Home

Question for those playing the 360 on a HDTV but without the HD cables (reg AV only).

This is a discussion on Question for those playing the 360 on a HDTV but without the HD cables (reg AV only). within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-04-2006, 04:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Question for those playing the 360 on a HDTV but without the HD cables (reg AV only).

Question for you guys with the 360. Do you all have the RGB or "component" high Def cables to see the game at 1080i?

because my budddy is comin over and bringing his 360 to play on my HD widescreen tv but he only has the yellow video cable attachment (he doesn't have a HD tv) and we're wondering if it will look anything close to what you guys are posting.

anybody have just the yellow video cable with the 360? How does it look? 480p? 720P?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 05:00 PM   #2
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Question for those playing the 360 on a HDTV but without the HD cables (reg AV only).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentQ16
Question for you guys with the 360. Do you all have the RGB or "component" high Def cables to see the game at 1080i?

because my budddy is comin over and bringing his 360 to play on my HD widescreen tv but he only has the yellow video cable attachment (he doesn't have a HD tv) and we're wondering if it will look anything close to what you guys are posting.

anybody have just the yellow video cable with the 360? How does it look? 480p? 720P?
I thought the 360 came with component cables, i know mine did. You can not do HD signals without component or HMDI cables. I think you can do 480p with S-Video, but do not hold me to that.

You will be stuck with a regular standard definition signal.
Old 08-04-2006, 05:42 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Question for those playing the 360 on a HDTV but without the HD cables (reg AV only).

If he bought the Core, I don't think it came with components and you need component to get 480p and above. Chances are your television has a built in line doubler that will display a 480i image at 480p anyhow, so image quality wise it will look similar to the Xbox with higher quality player models, stadiums and such.
Old 08-04-2006, 09:19 PM   #4
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

The guy above is right, you have to have component to get 480p, 720p or 1080i. Just running composite video (the yellow cable only) isn't going to give you as crisp of a picture.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Operation Sports Fan

Longhorn33's Arena

OVR: 9

Hey quick question...I was told that 720 p is better than 1080i is that correct.? this guy said that 1080i was equal to 520p...he is pretty smart so I think he is right..what is your thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2006, 10:34 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Question for those playing the 360 on a HDTV but without the HD cables (reg AV on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn33
Hey quick question...I was told that 720 p is better than 1080i is that correct.? this guy said that 1080i was equal to 520p...he is pretty smart so I think he is right..what is your thoughts?

That's a whole other thread for a whole other day. One thing i can say it's kinda up to your tv and it's native resolution. If your televisions native res. is 720p then a 720p broadcast will look better same goes for 1080i.
Old 08-04-2006, 10:49 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

zgood question in regards to 1080....

I found a nice article from XBOX that may help you figure things out

http://editorials.teamxbox.com/xbox/...n-of-1080p/p2/

Good luck and have fun playing!!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »