Home

Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

This is a discussion on Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Automatic field goals are a bit of a letdown...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCoz
360 - AA - No slider adjustments

The ones they miss they are usually short on, only once were they off target, and in that case they hit the upright.
I am on PS2. I wonder if that is why..

I ran a practice and had my kicker hitting them consistently from 50, and then switched to defense.. My kicker (CPU) still hit from 50, but missed a few from 55, usuing AA's special team sliders.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:15 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimplication
I am on PS2. I wonder if that is why..

I ran a practice and had my kicker hitting them consistently from 50, and then switched to defense.. My kicker (CPU) still hit from 50, but missed a few from 55, usuing AA's special team sliders.
most kickers in college have trouble from 35+ is what you are forgetting.
Old 08-05-2006, 09:31 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by leetdemon
most kickers in college have trouble from 35+ is what you are forgetting.
I am not forgetting that at all.. I think it's pretty ridiculous for a NFL kicker to hit consistently from 50 yards, let along a college kid.

However, I guess in a sense there is balance, in that I can hit them from distance also.

I'd much rather have field goals be missed more than less, as automatic field goals take away from the reward for holding a team outside the 35..

The sliders definitely did factor into things when kicking from 50+, but any closer than that and it's pretty much automatic, which I consider to be unrealistic and unfortunate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-05-2006, 09:34 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

WHY not turn down FG Length for the AI, problem solved. I had to do that as the AI was nailing kicks from 50-55 yards consistently.

Currently Listening: The D.O.C.: No One Can Do It Better (evidence that rap music used to be good!)
Old 08-05-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

I think EA screwed up with the ball physics.... If you think about it this may tie in with the crazy amount of fumbles...SMH EA how could you miss this bug/glitch
Old 08-05-2006, 11:24 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoMiss2000
WHY not turn down FG Length for the AI, problem solved. I had to do that as the AI was nailing kicks from 50-55 yards consistently.
That doesn't solve the entire problem. That's what I did, and now they don't make the 50+ attempts but make everything else. And if you turn it any lower than about 25 then every other kick is blocked.
Old 08-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

Last night I went through and dropped every kicker in the games accuracy down by 30-40 notches ( it only takes about 20-30 mins), depending upon how accurate they were to begin with, and it has worked wonders. I spent several hours in practice mode last night testing it with several different kickers and I think it is the best it is going to get for this years game. Of course you have to do this plus keep accuracy at zero for the CPU. In two games I have played the CPU is 2-4 on field goals, making 2 twenty something yarders and missing a 49 and 50 yarder wide to the right. You also have to make sure to bump the slider for CPU distance back up to 50.

If anyone can come up with a way to increase the kickers approach speed to the ball through stat adjustment, let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2006, 11:28 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

I'm playing with Playmaker's Heisman Lvl 3 sliders, and I just had a Michigan kicker miss a 43 yarder in 9 mph wind wide right. Go figure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »