Home

360 Version on a SD TV

This is a discussion on 360 Version on a SD TV within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: 360 Version on a SD TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
The actual in-game graphics don't look that different when playing on a SD or HDTV. You really aren't missing out on that much by not owning a HDTV.
I'm sorry but I disagree heavily with this statement. Not just in regards to NCAA but to other 360 games. The difference on a properly calibrated, properly set up(component video or higher) HDTV is night and day compared to a SDTV. It's not even in the same ballpark.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:42 AM   #10
MVP

jrivera34's Arena

OVR: 10

I have been playing the game on a 36" Sony Wega Standard TV for the past few weeks and I was finally able to buy a 42" Philips LCD HDTV and although it looks great on the HDTV, I wouldn't say it is 100% better or anything close to that.

If I had to put a percentage on it, I would say 15% better on the HDTV. I think the whole HD thing is over hyped myself. I am just an electronics geek and I like to have the new technology when I can afford it, otherwise I would still be on my 36" set.

I say, don't sweat it if you have a Standard TV because you are not missing that much. Although you may want to play on something a bit bigger than a 20" set if one is available to you
Old 08-07-2006, 11:45 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullman80
There is really no reason to own a 360 if you don't have HDTV. The system and games are made for HDTV.
have you played the 360 on a SD Tv?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #12
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator22
have you played the 360 on a SD Tv?
Yes I had a SD Tv for about 2 months when I first got my 360 back at launch. I upgraded to a HDTV right around January of this year.

Night and day, IMO.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #13
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Yes I had a SD Tv for about 2 months when I first got my 360 back at launch. I upgraded to a HDTV right around January of this year.

Night and day, IMO.
I wouldn't say all games are night and day .Now since we are talking about NCAA i would say it's not much a difference from SDTV to HDTV when actually playing the game. Now close ups are a different story they do indeed look HI-DEF
Old 08-07-2006, 12:02 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rock85
I wouldn't say all games are night and day .Now since we are talking about NCAA i would say it's not much a difference from SDTV to HDTV when actually playing the game. Now close ups are a different story they do indeed look HI-DEF
Some games look better obviously. I'm just saying that 360 and PS3 as well were made for hi-def gaming. That's how the games are meant to be played, and that's how they are designed.

I just think that on a properly calibrated TV, not just out of the box, it's a huge difference on most games.
Old 08-07-2006, 12:04 PM   #15
MVP

rock85's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Some games look better obviously. I'm just saying that 360 and PS3 as well were made for hi-def gaming. That's how the games are meant to be played, and that's how they are designed.

I just think that on a properly calibrated TV, not just out of the box, it's a huge difference on most games.
Yes i would agree with you on this
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »