Home

I am glad the presentation sucks.....

This is a discussion on I am glad the presentation sucks..... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: I am glad the presentation sucks.....

This thread would make sense if there actaully was anything improved or next gen regarding any of the actual gameplay . Which there is most absolutely NOT.
Minnesota Wild
Old 08-07-2006, 06:25 PM   #10
The Man!

sroz39's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
If NCAA on the 360 is the best representation of football ever then I am gonna be real depressed for the next 5 years.
Co-sign!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

best football is not doin unrealistic stuff they do in both 360 and ps2/x box version
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 07:27 PM   #12
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

It's a videogame. It's suppose to be unREAListic because it's not REAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dienekes
I am loving this game. In my opinion this is by far the best representation of football in the video game medium yet.

That being said I am happy the presentation blows. I am also happy that the big man on campus mode is absent. I would love to have better presentation, don't get me wrong, but if it comes down to it give me gameplay any day of the week.

The absent modes and lack of presentation show me that EA worked hard on the football side of things. With only a finite amount of time and resources would you rather them work on "incorporating the ESPN logo" or gameplay?

I think for once they made the right call. How many of you would have been much happier if they scrapped "the Crib" (and David Arquette and Carmen Elektra) in a certain other game if they got franchise mode right?
The Crib was actually separate from celebrity challenges. The challenges were more part of the VIP system, which could have been done away with in favor of revamping the franchise mode. You are correct that the franchise mode could've been improved, but The Crib was really fun imo.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:26 PM   #14
All Star

bkfount's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
Come on, we go over this every ****ing week.

1. The NFL was selling its rights anyway.

2. Sega's NCAA games sucked hard

3. Sega made NFL2k so well because it was a HUGE underdog. It couldn't get by on rep so it had to be great

4. We've seen what Sega did with exclusive rights, and it was far worse than NCAA or Madden

I love NFL2k5, but please, let it rest in peace. EA could release 2k5 as Madden 08 and you would find all the flaws in it and claim it sucks.
I was talking about presentation. Why you brought up the other stuff shows your love of flaming based on little facts. I don't even own 2k5 anymore and play madden and NCAA..

It's just sad that people actually applaud EA's slow adaption of the ESPN license they bought. Even this year sounds lame with stuff like in game content of real ESPN shows...um ok...how about just making the game look like a ESPN broadcast like 2k5 was able to do?
Old 08-07-2006, 11:44 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
It's just sad that people actually applaud EA's slow adaption of the ESPN license they bought. Even this year sounds lame with stuff like in game content of real ESPN shows...um ok...how about just making the game look like a ESPN broadcast like 2k5 was able to do?
1. Aside from this guy, nobody is applauding EA on presentation. Pretty much everyone hates it

2. Making it look like an ESPN show is lame. 2K already did it, and the bright red and blue isn't really fitting with NCAA, it'd just look odd. I'm all for sportscenter segments, Gameday, and ESPN the mag, but I don't want it to look like 2k did
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-07-2006, 11:49 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soldier
1. Aside from this guy, nobody is applauding EA on presentation. Pretty much everyone hates it

2. Making it look like an ESPN show is lame. 2K already did it, and the bright red and blue isn't really fitting with NCAA, it'd just look odd. I'm all for sportscenter segments, Gameday, and ESPN the mag, but I don't want it to look like 2k did
Hmmm. They've already got Corso and Herbstreet and you don't want it to look like an ESPN presentation?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »