Home

To Date, Is NCAA 2007 The Best Football Game You've Played?

This is a discussion on To Date, Is NCAA 2007 The Best Football Game You've Played? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Is NCAA 2007 The Best Football Game You've Ever Played?
YES-Xbox 360 Version 110 45.45%
NO-Xbox 360 Version 39 16.12%
YES-Regular XBox Version 33 13.64%
NO-Regular XBox Version 12 4.96%
YES-PS2 Version 42 17.36%
NO-PS2 Version 6 2.48%
Voters: 242. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2006, 10:52 AM   #33
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: To Date, Is NCAA 2007 The Best Football Game You've Played?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobolini
Bullcrap! I think the best game ever was Football Pro 97 or any of the Front page series (excluding 99)! I love to build game plans and develop plays. Plus you could customize a league with hometown names or whatever. Since this poll didn't specify joystick use, I'm going with this because I played it for the coaching and customizing not joy sticking.

So, don't just assume everyone is comparing those two.
I would like to try out one of those old PC games again. My brother got a new computer back in '94 and I bought Front Page Sports Football and it was ahead of it's time. Despite the CPU's limitations (one half of a gig hard drive, 4 megs of RAM) the graphics and speed of the game were very good,and the sim engine was better than anything I've seen in awhile. Chill out Bobolina, even though it doesn't apply to you I'm sure most posters are comparing it against 2K.
Old 08-14-2006, 12:35 PM   #34
Banned

Bobolini's Arena

OVR: 10

Just tired of hearing about 2k5. It's a good game but it has it faults.
Old 08-17-2006, 03:44 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 5

People may be tired of hearing about 2k5, but there is good reason for the continued hype. It still blows away every football up to (and maybe including) this years releases from EA sports.

I personally have not played ncaa 07. I plan on it, but not sure which system to get it for. The bottom line, I have not purchased a 360 yet because it is not bc with 2k5. When EA catches up with 2k5, I will buy a 360 (or PS3) and be happy with a new game!

I am not an espn loyalist. I openly try most every football that comes out and keep the ones I like. I still have gameday 97 for the playstation. I don't play it all that often, but I do break it out once in awhile. If EA puts out a quality game, I will be a proud owner. Until then 2k5 it is!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 04:03 PM   #36
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx
People may be tired of hearing about 2k5, but there is good reason for the continued hype. It still blows away every football up to (and maybe including) this years releases from EA sports.

I personally have not played ncaa 07. I plan on it, but not sure which system to get it for. The bottom line, I have not purchased a 360 yet because it is not bc with 2k5. When EA catches up with 2k5, I will buy a 360 (or PS3) and be happy with a new game!

I am not an espn loyalist. I openly try most every football that comes out and keep the ones I like. I still have gameday 97 for the playstation. I don't play it all that often, but I do break it out once in awhile. If EA puts out a quality game, I will be a proud owner. Until then 2k5 it is!
Well considering 2k5 franchise mode was broken, NCAA 2007 (current gen) is far and away the better game if you play dynasty.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:25 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by marxxx

Try playing the game before you dismiss it. I would have ranked ESPN as the best until this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by choadler
Well considering 2k5 franchise mode was broken, NCAA 2007 (current gen) is far and away the better game if you play dynasty.
The franchise mode doesn't concern me. The games against the CPU are a lot more fun with NCAA 2007 than with ESPN.

Last edited by JayBee74; 08-17-2006 at 05:28 PM.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:31 PM   #38
C*rr*ntly *n L*f* T*lt

USF11's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee74
Try playing the game before you dismiss it.
I just tried playing the 360 verison again, and the game sucks.

-Fast QB roll to the wide side of the field throw a corner route = UNSTOPPABLE MONEY PLAY

-The AI and collision detection is horrible.
-The Running game sucks. All you do is hit up on the right stick no matter what kind of back you are.
-Theres no strip button.
-I hate the preplay interface.

+ The regular XBOX version = Gaming Bliss

Its sad you guys accept this crap. It looks great but it is without a doubt a hollow gaming experience.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:23 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by frago
XBOX 360 no.

It is improved but far from the best imo.

Players seem to be on top of the field.Shadows dont match on the players as the ground and it makes them not blend and look fake.

Tacklers have Jet Packs and can zoom leap to catch someone.

Too often the animations get in the way of the stick movement so that the player does not do what I want because he is in some animation.

Change of direction seems flawed. No sharp cuts.

Seems like too many plays are decided ahead of time. I get blown up on runs like I never had a chance sometimes and cant escape.

The outside running game is bad.

Counter runs are bad.

Like I said its an improvement over last year but no way is it the best I ever played by a longshot.
No. X-Box 360.
I agree, plus I'm a die-hard Miami fan and the lack of alternate jerseys just takes away from the authenticity of the game.
Old 08-17-2006, 06:29 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by USF11
I just tried playing the 360 verison again, and the game sucks.

-Fast QB roll to the wide side of the field throw a corner route = UNSTOPPABLE MONEY PLAY

-The AI and collision detection is horrible.
-The Running game sucks. All you do is hit up on the right stick no matter what kind of back you are.
-Theres no strip button.
-I hate the preplay interface.

+ The regular XBOX version = Gaming Bliss

Its sad you guys accept this crap. It looks great but it is without a doubt a hollow gaming experience.
Can't comment on the MONEY PLAY. I pretty much stay in the pocket, occassionally rolling out to avoid the rush. I don't find it that easy to "forge" ahead using the power move on the stick. The juke moves on the stick have been just as useful to me. I've heard this before, but what is exactly wrong with the collision detection? I haven't noticed anything. You have both versions of this game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tre81
No. X-Box 360.
I agree, plus I'm a die-hard Miami fan and the lack of alternate jerseys just takes away from the authenticity of the game.
Yeah-that's a game killer for sure.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »