Home

Good 360 online story

This is a discussion on Good 360 online story within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
Good 360 online story

So I had a buddy that I lived with in Auburn staying with this past week. He would play NCAA online during the days while I was working. At night, we would play and unranked game or two with him controlling the offense and me controlling the defense. Since he isn't the most sim player around, we would just play quick games against people I didn't know instead of playing OSers (didn't want to ruffle any OS feathers).

Anyways, we play a quick match against some guy who took Iowa. (We were Auburn as I always am). This cat's first course of action was to remove Drew Tate from the lineup in favor of a scrambling quarterback. His second course of action was to roll the guy out and throw corner routes on offense and blitz like mad on defense. I actually sometimes enjoy against playing against Chuck E. Cheese himself because they are easy to frustrate and beat. However, this guy built a 28-7 lead midway through the 3rd quarter. I then hit a long touchdown on a HB swing route into the teeth of a 9 man blitz. The guy continues running corner routes (and going for it on 4th down) but I pick off a pass. I then hit my TE on a long touchdown after he, once again, brought 9 men. He goes 4 and out and I hit another touchdown on the same swing route to the tailback that I scored on earlier to tie the game at 28 with about 1:30 to go. He returns the kickoff to around his 40 yard line, gets sacked on first down, and runs two consecutive incomplete corner routes. He lines up to go for it on 4th and 20+ from his own 30 yard line. His receiver actually had the pass, only to have my safety hit him to force the drop and incomplete pass. Then he immediately quits. I select to continue against the CPU and I kick a last second field goal to win 31-28. I scored nearly 24 points in the 4th quarter as my touchdown in the 3rd quarter was with about 2 seconds left to go in the 3rd. Anyways, after the game, I sent his a little message saying "good 4th quarter." I then get a voice message from him saying the following:

"Listen up, %&$*face, you have one $(#*ing play that you ran over and over and I just finally got tired of dealing with it. Thats why I quit."

Irony truly at it's best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2006, 12:18 PM   #2
Rookie

KDayisBack's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Good 360 online story

LMAO good stuff. I can't stand cheesers...
Old 08-12-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Hope you sent him bad feedback
Old 08-12-2006, 11:42 PM   #4
Pro

quaziemoto3's Arena

OVR: 8

that has happened several times for me when I play cheesers. They are just so easy to beat sometimes that they get really frustrated and then accuse you of "running the same play over and over" or some other behavior. Always makes me smile and want to choke someone at the same time.
NBA: Lakers
NHL: Penguins

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »