Home

A few thoughts...

This is a discussion on A few thoughts... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2006, 12:16 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
A few thoughts...

The game is pretty good, but there are still a few annoying things....

1. I have always controlled a DT when I play defense in every version of NCAA dating back to 98. When I call a zone defense, the computer always get a receiver behind the zone, very frustrating, so I can only use man to man defenses.

2. There is no fix for the automatic field goal by the computer. That is a darn shame.

3. If you leave your break block at 50, up the AI's Run Block to 70 and reduce the Pass Block to 35, on Heisman, it appears that the AI has a pretty decent run game, while still allowing a couple sacks a game.

4. I have yet to see the fumble problem people are talking about. I play on Heisman and see about 2 per game on average for both teams combined.

5. I think that lesser teams are higher rated than they should be and some bigger programs are rated lower than they should be. For example, I was playing CMU(me) vs. BC and was in a nail biter. I thought my sliders were messed up, but when I broke the teams down position by position, CMU had better players at most of the line positions, WR, QB and a darn good RB. So to make a long story short, when testing sliders, look at the teams position by position and you may be suprised.

6. I don't use the jump snap feature except on FG's and extra points because the computer will make all FG's unless you block them. The game plays better this way.

7. Be careful when moving the computers break block slider, I think if you put it above 60, it starts to have adverse results of what you want to see.

That is all, just a few discussion points. If anyone has a solution to the AI auto FG or the zone defense problem, please let me know.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2006, 01:33 AM   #2
Bacon

CM1847's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: A few thoughts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage

2. There is no fix for the automatic field goal by the computer. That is a darn shame.

3. If you leave your break block at 50, up the AI's Run Block to 70 and reduce the Pass Block to 35, on Heisman, it appears that the AI has a pretty decent run game, while still allowing a couple sacks a game.

4. I have yet to see the fumble problem people are talking about. I play on Heisman and see about 2 per game on average for both teams combined.

5. I think that lesser teams are higher rated than they should be and some bigger programs are rated lower than they should be. For example, I was playing CMU(me) vs. BC and was in a nail biter. I thought my sliders were messed up, but when I broke the teams down position by position, CMU had better players at most of the line positions, WR, QB and a darn good RB. So to make a long story short, when testing sliders, look at the teams position by position and you may be suprised.

6. I don't use the jump snap feature except on FG's and extra points because the computer will make all FG's unless you block them. The game plays better this way.

7. Be careful when moving the computers break block slider, I think if you put it above 60, it starts to have adverse results of what you want to see.

That is all, just a few discussion points. If anyone has a solution to the AI auto FG or the zone defense problem, please let me know.
1. I use mostly man anyway as I like fast LBs who can cover, but sometimes I get torn up and switch to zone and I notice the short routes are ALWAYS open, it is annoying.

2. It really does suck, there is no hope of them missing a FG, and I've yet to block one.

3. I'm on AA, I think I've found a similar mix, I get 3-5 sacks one game, but I get 0 or 1 just as often.

4. Same here, I've had 2 in one game I know for sure, but I can't recall any more than that. And I rarely have more than 1 a game, often times I dont have any.

5. That is an interesting point. It would explain why B or B+ teams often give me more of a challange than an A team, if the A comes from having good backups it wouldn't really come into play in a game against them.
Old 08-13-2006, 01:28 PM   #3
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:

1. I have always controlled a DT when I play defense in every version of NCAA dating back to 98. When I call a zone defense, the computer always get a receiver behind the zone, very frustrating, so I can only use man to man defenses.

If you play on 360 go to "select play type" on defense. Cover 2 Zone, and I believe its the bottom right play. "doulble QB spy" its called. Very effective against short routes, and deep over the middle. Vulnerable to the sideline deep ball. Thats the zone play I run and I use the DT or the SS when I play so... give that one a shot. I feel like the "spying" is very effective this year. No promises works for me though.

I don't have any fumbling problems either.

FG's for the CPU you have to block or have them try a 50+ yarder and get lucky. I've seen several land short but never wide left or right.
Old 08-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

KePoW's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
if you use the Commit to the Pass feature, that helps a LOT to prevent deep balls when running a zone coverage. I was getting a lot of deep passes completed on me until I started using this

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »