Home

Does an HDTV really make a difference on 360?

This is a discussion on Does an HDTV really make a difference on 360? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Does an HDTV really make a difference on 360?

Ive watched HDTV and i do see that it has a mutch better look and picture than normal TV but i dont get how this would affect your game experience on the 360 im getting ready to get one, but im not getting an HDTV any time soon, am i making a mistake?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 10:45 AM   #2
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: Does an HDTV really make a difference on 360?

Quote:
Originally Posted by feeq14
Ive watched HDTV and i do see that it has a mutch better look and picture than normal TV but i dont get how this would affect your game experience on the 360 im getting ready to get one, but im not getting an HDTV any time soon, am i making a mistake?
Do you have a PC game? If so, play it on 720x480 (or your lowest) resolution. Then play it on your max or 1920x1080 resolution.

You tell me.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC_Pete
Do you have a PC game? If so, play it on 720x480 (or your lowest) resolution. Then play it on your max or 1920x1080 resolution.

You tell me.
Dont play games on the pc...

ANd in resolution are you talking about picture qaulity or animation quality, is not haveing an HDTV going to make the game choppy?
Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 AM   #4
Pro

dereliched's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Dont play games on the pc...

ANd in resolution are you talking about picture qaulity or animation quality, is not haveing an HDTV going to make the game choppy?
No, it plays fine and looks fine on a standard tv. Not all of us can have an HDTV. Do the games look better on the HD, I'm sure they, but they still look good on a standard TV.

"If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere." -- Frank A. Clark
Old 08-14-2006, 11:08 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
The difference is CONSIDERABLE. I just switched by HD setting on the cord to Normal TV, the 360 rebooted, and revealed a picture that doesn't compare to the one in HD. I have a non widescreen HDTV so when it rebooted the non HD picture filled my screen. In HD picture mode I have black bars on the top and bottom to achieve a 16-9 aspect ratio.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 11:10 AM   #6
Meatball

OVR:

For next-gen hardware, I strongly suggest an HDTV. There are some nice HDTV's out there for less than a $1000.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Phili...oductDetail.do

Old 08-14-2006, 11:46 AM   #7
MVP

UNC_Pete's Arena

OVR: 22

Or you can use your PC monitor and buy the cable for the X360 to hook it up to a monitor..
Old 08-14-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
Crescent Fresh

BD8802's Arena

OVR: 4

Having an HDTV does not really effect playability, but it sure looks a lot better. The only performance advantage that I can see if that with my HDTV (42inch) I am able to control my players better. I can see the holes develop better, and able to tell if my WR are open. That might be all my mind justifing the money i spent on the HDTV also. :P

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »