Home

Breakaways

This is a discussion on Breakaways within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2006, 04:40 PM   #9
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Breakaways

Playing on Heisman, the AI busted through my defence on a 97-yard TD rush! That was painful, and in the same game, they returned a KO back for a TD. That was even more painful. Even more painful on my KO I made a juke, saw enormous daylight but ended up taking the kick back to my 46 yard line. I am glad the AI can make a BIG TIME play in addition to scoring on a sustained drive – makes for a more realistic game. I have really decreased the number AI big plays by using a very active defence, lots of audibles and, huge variety of blitzing, clogging up the middle. I noticed that when I kept a static defence, basically keeping the original formation, the AI would blow me up. Try having your D mix it up with lots of movement. The longer the AI has to size up your formation, the better chance they have for a big play.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

If your DB's suck avoid man to man like the plague. If you go cover 2 get pressure up front. A team with a hell of a passing offense is hard to stop no matter what your D looks like. If your playing a good team they are either going to get you in the air or on the ground. Play smart and try and keep the receivers underneath your zone.
Old 08-14-2006, 04:51 PM   #11
MVP

Mizzou23's Arena

OVR: 13

Also...vary your playcalling. As I mentioned earlier, my defense was pretty poor and I totally changed the way I call a game. I started blitzing more, changing formations and coverages and results were amazing.

When I would just sit back in a base cover 2 man or the same old normal zone coverages, I was giving up significantly more points.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2006, 07:34 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagles805
i think hes talking about when the computer breaks a big play
The speed cheats were both ways. My AI controlled guys used to run down speedy RBs just like when the AI was on defense.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #13
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_diddy
The speed cheats were both ways. My AI controlled guys used to run down speedy RBs just like when the AI was on defense.
Wow I can hardly ever catch the cpu when they get ahead of me, and somehow they can always come back and suck my man up. I've got a running back with 93 speed who routinely gets caught by linebackers with 88 speed in the open field, and somehow at least once a game an 88 speed reciever for the cpu dust off on my 95 speed cb. Lame and cheap but this is ea were talking about here so...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »