Home

Time vs. amount of plays

This is a discussion on Time vs. amount of plays within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-17-2006, 08:23 AM   #1
Th* N*w F*c* *f D**th

MNOFSTEEL34's Arena

OVR: 9
Time vs. amount of plays

help me out here guys on this...i played a 8 minute game last night and netted 59 plays for me and the cpu netted 47 plays...how many plays should i be at for a realistic time...and should i watch the cut scenes or skip them...thanks
Twitter Mnofsteel3432
Facebook Dennis Butler

Feel free to add me
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-17-2006, 08:32 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Time vs. amount of plays

Anywhere between 7 and 9. There isn't a set rule.

It really all depends if you watch all the scenes, take the clock down to 2 seconds every play, etc. etc.

Normally you should run around 65 in the amount of plays. A little less if you run a lot, a little more if you pass a lot.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:28 AM   #3
Rookie

Tig5309's Arena

OVR: 4

I get about 60-65 plays a piece on 10 minutes. Most people I know use 9 minutes. I skip the cutscenes most of the time but will use motion and hot routes. I'd say I snap at 5-10 seconds most of the time.

Last edited by Tig5309; 08-17-2006 at 09:31 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I play 7 minutes and get around 50 plays for each side on average. Sometimes, I may run 60 plays. It just depends on what the cpu is giving me in that particular game. The stats seem good to me. I can have a 1,000-yd rusher and all of that. The only stat that's low is tackles but it seems that it's gonna be low unless you play 15-minute quarters.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
I play 7 minutes and get around 50 plays for each side on average. Sometimes, I may run 60 plays. It just depends on what the cpu is giving me in that particular game. The stats seem good to me. I can have a 1,000-yd rusher and all of that. The only stat that's low is tackles but it seems that it's gonna be low unless you play 15-minute quarters.
Tackles should be accurate if the number of plays is accurate. Unless a higher percentage of plays end up out of bounds or as TDs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-18-2006, 01:54 AM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougSupreme
Tackles should be accurate if the number of plays is accurate. Unless a higher percentage of plays end up out of bounds or as TDs.
Also take into account how often a team passes and how good your secondary is. If your consistently swatting passes down then you won't get tackles. I played a game against Texas Tech once were i made their qb go something stupid like 13-62 and only had like 22 total tackles for the game with 10 min quarters.
Old 08-18-2006, 02:22 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 4

I cover high school football for a newspaper and most games go, in total, between 100-125 plays depending on the type of offense/defense/quality of team as well as a number of other variables.
Old 08-18-2006, 09:54 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 2

ok, I've been playing this way vs cpu for years.. i have my own rules for myself that i must keep .. i play the 5 min quarters on all-american and i always have to 'ask corso' i can flip the play on the pc screen if i want, on running plays i can flip the play at the line and send one tight end in motion . i dont let myself use motion on passing plays though.. and the big rule is i have to get the snap off by the time the play clock is at :11 . on d i call whatever i want however can not call the same package 2 times in a row...... on offense if i dont like corso's play i have to burn a timeout and get another one from him.. i can not go on 4th down except if its a yard or less and i always have to call goal line fb dive....at the end of the game when corso tells me to kneel on the ball i have to audible at the line and call first run audible ' square then x" if im up by 2 scores im allowed to run the clock down to :01 , if not its still :11...............the amount of plays a game run between 80-100 or so and the yardage and scores are dead on ... if you were to run 160 plays like real life scores and yards would be nuts.......

anyway ive been playing this way for like 5 years now and i love it. its a callenge to execute what 'corso' calls and be honest on yourself about breakin rules like if you fail the play clock rule lose at least 5 yards and burn a T.O.

i do the same on madden too except the p.c. rule is :25 instead and defense you ask madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »