Home

Just doesn't get any better.

This is a discussion on Just doesn't get any better. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2006, 12:57 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Just doesn't get any better.

I never post, I lurk. I just bought Madden with the idea of entering my NCAA QB (legend?) into the Madden draft (never did it before), I was tempted to just go right into Madden last night - because I am excited about it, especially the SS mode, but decided to finish up my so called - Campus Legend first...

And I am glad I did, check this out - I'm in year 4 of my college career, I'm a QB for UCLA. During my career, the team has improved every year, so has my player. Long story short, the season finale (last game of the year before the bowl games) is against USC. UCLA is ranked #1 (for the first time during my 4 year span) and USC is ranked #2 (both from the same conference). SO the winner not only wins the conference, but is ranked #1 and plays for the national championship.

The game is at USC, the crowd is roaring the whole time, the controller is shaking almost uncontrollably.....I am actually on the edge of my seat the entire game....incredible. I jump out to a halftime 21-6 lead, but the second half is all USC. The regulation ends in a tie, we go to O.T., UCLA wins 34-31.

I get all these awards rolling in afterwards, Heisman trophy (earned it), Athletic AND Academic All-American, too. I love that you have to keep your grades up, and the harder the major, the harder the questions. I was a Psychology major. You have tests, meeting with tutors, etc. You have to answer questions right there on the TV screen. If you blow off schoolwork to do position drills to bump up your player's attributes, you're grades drop and you get warnings about not being able to play the following week. I know you all know this, but it's just cool.

Last night was the most amazing football PS2 experience I've had - and it was rather unexpected. I've never had that with Madden. The excitement of that last game, the atmosphere - really sweet. I have the national championship game to play, but I might just sim it and import my draft into Madden and start it up, because the National Championship will not top the game experience I just had. I'll do both that Superstar mode and a Franchise mode eventually. I am not going to trade in NCAA though - because I may go back to it. If Madden had NCAA's atmosphere and excitement..........wow.

Looking forward to my QB hitting the pros.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »