Home

WTF moments in ncaa

This is a discussion on WTF moments in ncaa within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-25-2006, 02:49 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
WTF moments in ncaa

So I've been laying on my *** all week doing nothing (first week of college classes...blah and i'm on vacation from work until...i go back and I've just been playing ncaa pretty much all day everyday, dynasty mode mostly, simming seasons and playing a select few things. During this time there have been quite a few things that made me say, WTF. Here's some that are at the top of my list.

Playing a Dynasty with Georgia and Brady Quinn gets hurt for the season in the first game against georgia tech. Notre Dame goes 0-12 for the season, meaning they lost to stanford and either army or navy, as well as a slew of other teams that they should have mopped the field with. Quinns good, but 0-12?

Was playing a Dynasty as Miami and 10 games into my first year Texas is 2-8 I figure there entire team must be hurt but when I go and check there roster they don't have one injured player. On top of that Jamal Charles is 3rd on the heisman candidacy voting with almost 2000 yards. Pretty crazy.

In my 5th year with Miami the Heisman went to Ornelious (what a first name) Holt, a left tackle out of Oklahoma State, who is now a beast and owns the big 12. That's right a left tackle won the heisman. He had 119 pancakes and didn't allow a single sack.

Playing with Houston and in my third year I let the cpu do all my off seasons moves. I check my running backs and to my surprise I have a 5 "5" 285 pound guy named Danny Rogers. Of course I negate his 72 overall rating with 70 speed and play him over my starters, but his career is short lived. He breaks his leg on only his 3rd carry, washes out and transfers to rice where he never plays. Oh yeah he had cornrolls, a little fat white guy with cornrolls...

In my Oklahoma Dynasty I made it to the championship game my first two years and lost to ohio state both times, with the buckeyes winning a mind boggling 5 titles in my first 7 years. There teams where always stacked and then suddenly, in year 8 they only won 5, then 5 the next season, then 4 after that. All of there players suck now and I have absolutely no idea why.

Still in my Oklahoma dynasty, year 6 I think, I had a quaterback, don't remember his name, that was a 98 overall. Just a sophmore, he had 86 speed, 98 awareness, high 80 agility and high 90 throwing power and accuracy. In my second game agaisnt alabama he went down for the year with a torn rotatorcuff. In the next weeks "Espn the magazine" it showed my coach with a grimace on his face like he'd just seen rosie o donnel naked and it read "There's always next year..." This also happened once to Florida (i forget who i was playing with) when there running back got hurt and it showed a cover of several of there players holding there heads with the caption "Time to pack it in..."

Now this last one wasn't strange, but it was definetly the funniest out of the bunch. While playing as Oklahoma and beating Texas, I got a cover that showed my defensive linemen behind a bent over texas running back complete with eye closed grimace. THe position was quite similiar to doggiestyle, actually that's exactly what it was. But what about the caption? "Sneaking up from behind. Texas still reeling after heartbreaking loss." since that win put me in front of texas in the big 12 standing. My throat is still sore from laughing.

So if you have anything funny like this feel free to post it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
Rookie

i8kevin's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: WTF moments in ncaa

Over half of this post sounds rediculously made up. I am not saying that it is but just have never seen some results as you said you have. the first three paragraphs are probably the most rediculous. I feel I am now dumber for having read this post. Thanks
Old 08-25-2006, 12:54 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05
So I've been laying on my *** all week doing nothing (first week of college classes...blah and i'm on vacation from work until...i go back and I've just been playing ncaa pretty much all day everyday, dynasty mode mostly, simming seasons and playing a select few things. During this time there have been quite a few things that made me say, WTF. Here's some that are at the top of my list.

Playing a Dynasty with Georgia and Brady Quinn gets hurt for the season in the first game against georgia tech. Notre Dame goes 0-12 for the season, meaning they lost to stanford and either army or navy, as well as a slew of other teams that they should have mopped the field with. Quinns good, but 0-12?

Was playing a Dynasty as Miami and 10 games into my first year Texas is 2-8 I figure there entire team must be hurt but when I go and check there roster they don't have one injured player. On top of that Jamal Charles is 3rd on the heisman candidacy voting with almost 2000 yards. Pretty crazy.

In my 5th year with Miami the Heisman went to Ornelious (what a first name) Holt, a left tackle out of Oklahoma State, who is now a beast and owns the big 12. That's right a left tackle won the heisman. He had 119 pancakes and didn't allow a single sack.

Playing with Houston and in my third year I let the cpu do all my off seasons moves. I check my running backs and to my surprise I have a 5 "5" 285 pound guy named Danny Rogers. Of course I negate his 72 overall rating with 70 speed and play him over my starters, but his career is short lived. He breaks his leg on only his 3rd carry, washes out and transfers to rice where he never plays. Oh yeah he had cornrolls, a little fat white guy with cornrolls...

In my Oklahoma Dynasty I made it to the championship game my first two years and lost to ohio state both times, with the buckeyes winning a mind boggling 5 titles in my first 7 years. There teams where always stacked and then suddenly, in year 8 they only won 5, then 5 the next season, then 4 after that. All of there players suck now and I have absolutely no idea why.

Still in my Oklahoma dynasty, year 6 I think, I had a quaterback, don't remember his name, that was a 98 overall. Just a sophmore, he had 86 speed, 98 awareness, high 80 agility and high 90 throwing power and accuracy. In my second game agaisnt alabama he went down for the year with a torn rotatorcuff. In the next weeks "Espn the magazine" it showed my coach with a grimace on his face like he'd just seen rosie o donnel naked and it read "There's always next year..." This also happened once to Florida (i forget who i was playing with) when there running back got hurt and it showed a cover of several of there players holding there heads with the caption "Time to pack it in..."

Now this last one wasn't strange, but it was definetly the funniest out of the bunch. While playing as Oklahoma and beating Texas, I got a cover that showed my defensive linemen behind a bent over texas running back complete with eye closed grimace. THe position was quite similiar to doggiestyle, actually that's exactly what it was. But what about the caption? "Sneaking up from behind. Texas still reeling after heartbreaking loss." since that win put me in front of texas in the big 12 standing. My throat is still sore from laughing.

I dont believe anything you wrote. And no, I don't believe you are in college. This is a really bad post.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:15 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

"In my 5th year with Miami the Heisman went to Ornelious (what a first name) Holt, a left tackle out of Oklahoma State, who is now a beast and owns the big 12. That's right a left tackle won the heisman. He had 119 pancakes and didn't allow a single sack."

Man when I read that I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes. Damn that's funny dude.
Old 08-25-2006, 10:21 PM   #5
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_n_grey
"In my 5th year with Miami the Heisman went to Ornelious (what a first name) Holt, a left tackle out of Oklahoma State, who is now a beast and owns the big 12. That's right a left tackle won the heisman. He had 119 pancakes and didn't allow a single sack."

Man when I read that I couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes. Damn that's funny dude.

Wasn't Orlando Pace a top 5 candidate when he was at Ohio State?

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-25-2006, 10:30 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Wasn't Orlando Pace a top 5 candidate when he was at Ohio State?
I think he was, but man it would take THE GIANT from ECW wrestling to have these kind of stats.
Old 08-26-2006, 01:14 AM   #7
Rookie

HBShaggy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by malek05

Someone is either:

A: Smoking those funny left hand cigs

or

B: Having WAAAAAAAAY too much fun with "Create A Player"

you gotta admit, it's kinda catchy.
Old 08-26-2006, 05:55 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBShaggy
Someone is either:

A: Smoking those funny left hand cigs

or

B: Having WAAAAAAAAY too much fun with "Create A Player"
I really don't see why some people think I'm making this stuff up. I mean lets look at some of the facts about this game here. 1. It is not uncommon to have 10 Total turnovers every time you play. 2. You can take a wr with 90 speed, turn him into a cornerback, and his speed might go down to the 70's. It's happened to me a handful of times and somebody else complained about it on the forums as well. 3. You can have a 99 rated player and the cpu might not designate him an impact player. 4. They still haven't fixed the roughing the passer glitch where you sack the qb...and then get called for roughing the passer. 5. You can challenge plays that are clearly wrong and it still will not be overturned. Example, a reciever catches the ball completely out of bounds yet after you challenge the play still stands. 6. Sometimes lossing a challenge results in your players overall rating dropping up to 30 points. Where's the logic in that? All of these things are way, way more illogical than anything i posted. and this stuff was programmed into the game, not just random happenings like the things I stated. The pancake thing is very high, but anybody who played the game last year knows that if you set the minutes high enough (10 or more) every one of your linemen will get 100 pancakes before the conference championships. The entire heisman thing is completely flawed and seems to just pick a person at random. I've had seasons where my running back led the league in rushing... but didn't win the best running back award. Ditto with QB's and recievers. Steve Breaston led the nation in catches and receiving touchdowns but never got higher than 5th for best reciever and in the end wasn't even a 2nd team all american. He also had the 3rd most combined return yards in the nation but was never even on the list for best returner. Right now 7 games into my Ga Tech season Quinn is the front runner for the heisman, yet my quarterback reggie ball has more yards, touchdowns, higher completion rate, and a better quarterback rating, but isn't even one of the candidates. I'm also willing to bet that this has happened to everybody else at least once in some way, shape, or form. So if it can't get this logical step correct, who's to say something dumb can't happen like...i don't know a OL winning the heisman. But of course I have nothing to do but sit around here and create fake stories about this game...that would explain everything...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »